Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Most Recent 97 - Complete Pics

Most Recent 97 - Complete Pics
November 18, 2017 10:53PM
Thanks for reading. Always appreciate your comments and discussion.

IMG_8538.JPG

IMG_8539.JPG

Gary
Re: Most Recent 97 - Complete Pics
November 18, 2017 11:02PM
For detailed pics of the 18 panel engraving .... [www.airgunrendezvous.com]

The engravings feature Icons which tell a story of the Knife itself. From the Anvil which made the steel in approx 1989, to the panels of tiny stabilized Live Oak leaves and acorns (grown here at BPS), to a knarled Ebony Tree, the Crystalline structure of Malachite and the Ural Mountains (one of the locations it's mined). Even the Fossilized Craftsman who saw the thing in his mind's eye and worked hard to get it out of there!

Hope you have enjoyed the journey.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2017 11:03PM by barnespneumatic.
December 21, 2018 04:21PM
And THIS Marathon in Carving ....
November 19, 2017 12:12AM
Gary
That is a beautifully designed and executed knife . Md 97+
The natural materials you've chosen blend well together and the carvings are over the top . Each panel deserves its own investigation. Like I said before ( I think ) you make it harder and harder to not carry and use them . This one for sure should be saved for turkey carving ONLY ( judging by that blade ) One day per year and then returned to the glass covered display cabinet with the good silverware!

Thanks
Kurt
November 19, 2017 03:06AM
Gary,

The knife looks amaxing! I cannot imagine how many hours go into the planning and execution of all the intricate small pieces, let alone all the carving. Thanks for sharing the work with us.

Pedro
November 22, 2017 05:35PM
Wow!
wow

Scott
December 23, 2018 12:29AM
Gary
Thanks for the opportunity to own that autobiography of a knife and maker. I think it's the best knife in my Barnes tool box ! I wish I could show it off every day .

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021