Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No shooting this weekend!

No shooting this weekend!
May 29, 2009 08:38PM
Well, I'm just about to shove off for a weekend with the extended family. Despite the company, I won't be doing any shooting...

I had a great time last Saturday and got to shoot a lot of fun targets out past 100 yards. In fact, after a bit of shooting ALL our targets were 100 yards or more! I shot so many rounds from my .62 and from one of the .32s that I'm pretty much out of ammo and need to cast. Sadly, instead of casting and shooting, I'll be doing "other" fun stuff this weekend.

I sure hope some of you have the opportunity to go shoot something this weekend and if you do, please take some pictures! I'd like to enjoy your fun vicariously come Sunday night!
know the feeling
May 31, 2009 06:11AM
I know the feeling. Just spent a week in the Kingdom of the Evil Mouse...AKA Disneyland. A wholly artificial environment, well-lubricated and highly tuned towards it's sole purpose, which is to separate you from all of your disposable income while forcing you to smile the whole time.

At least the weather was good, low 70's and partly cloudy. Can't stand too much of that hot and sunny stuff for us pastey-white Alaskan types.winking smiley
Re: No shooting this weekend!
May 31, 2009 04:15PM
J,

Took a long weekend and ran up to northern Florida, heard a guy named Barnes vacations wildly up there and I wanted to see if the area had recovered. They were trailering the last of the heavy equipment and it was just landscaping and barricade removal left.

I'm whooped from driving for HOURS! Thanks Wilbur and Orville.confused

Lon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2009 04:15PM by Bigbore.
June 03, 2009 01:40AM
Sooo, nobody did any shooting?

Could someone at least tell us about shooting that camera that never worked?
June 03, 2009 09:23PM
Don't be silly Dude. We "read about" shooting airguns. wink

Actually, during the weekend, I spent time painting our front porsche ... (I mean porch ... innocent typo). winking smiley I evidently don't make enough money to pay professional painting contractors. Evidently, I also don't make enough to pay the independant "undocumented contractors" to paint (last time - just a quick single coat of porch painting was in excess of $3,500). Therefore; I'm on my own. more confused Surely there must be a bailout for porch painting? whistling

Since there was a collapsed 115 year old brick corner support pier, some rotten 115 year old timbers, some areas of rotten floor boards, damaged railing, and missing lattice panels underneath .... (Gee! ... nothing lasts anymore - haha) ... I've picked at it an hour or two at a time, over the last few months. To hire a brick mason, carpenter, and painters ... (with all materials) would have cost excess of a fully loaded Yukon GS with carving (and broken my heart to spend it too). As it is ... with some weekends, and the 6:30-9 pm shifts here and there ... it's looking vastly improved. I drove right by the other night, as I didn't recognize the place! yuckah yuckah (I'm here all week ... )

Oh ... Jim ...thanks for helping me with tech support on my wireless network. Evidently somebody else got a new wireless router that my laptop liked better than my own. The air is full of Linksys networks around here, according to the wireless charts. My laptop loved them all - ignored mine! Working now - anyway. Only took a couple of years off my life to fix it. excited I love computers. They're so ... fuzzy.

OK ... Back to it. Parade tonight. I get the evening off! Yeah!!!!

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021