Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Howdy

Howdy
December 10, 2017 10:55PM
Guys
I just wanted to stop in and say hi . I can't believe this year is winding to a close already. It's been super fast and busy for me .
Gary
I'm glad to see you back on the airguns . As much as we all like your knives we really love your airguns . I'm definitely excited to see your latest projects reach the war wagon.

Thanks
Kurt
December 10, 2017 11:42PM
IMG_9056.JPG

Thanks Kurt,

I appreciate it my friend.

I've been doing a bunch of things. Just came up for dinner.

One thing that went by today will interest Jake.

I have Knife things to wrap up. Projects on every bench. I've been juggling the work with my "Classic Vintage." I pulled my back during some "extreme teeth brushing" a few days ago. Man that can hurt. Once again I declare .... the most devastating weapon of war Man could develop would be a "back ache ray".

And so I've slumped around like the Quasimodo in the Church Tower. Doing different things.

IMG_9058.JPG

Found myself making notes on proportions of men's faces. While letting a mug of hot chocalate go cold, I recalled proportions from my memory of my notes. A self quiz if you will. I just started scratching of a work paper I'd been laying Mosaic on. But I kinda liked it. What do you think.

Thanks for your post.

Oh .... I came by a small vintage folder. I'm going to offer it tomorrow. It's a small one made for the show I was at when my house burned 2/15/80. This was made 1/9/80. A BRADDOCK HEIGHTS folder. Rare.

Nite. Salad awaits.
Gary
December 11, 2017 09:28AM
Gary
I'll bet you and the elves have been VERY busy . ''Tis the season .
You know I've always hated that humped over position when brushing your teeth . There's just no good way without dribbling down your shirt .i hope it heals up quick for ya .
Now to the sketch of the face hmmm.... I'm NO artist but I hear people's faces are the hardest to do. Especially someone you know . I'd say that looks a lot like me some days ( except for the long beard ) Tired and weathered face with a hoodie hohoho ! The eyes look right at you in the drawing . Those would be the hardest to draw to scale in my opinion.Btw I'm sure excited to see the folder you found . Is it hard to look back at those things and not criticize yourself ? I look back at things I've made in the past and say " why the H didn't i do it like this !. But you know THATS who I was back then .

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2017 09:37AM by kurt wag.
December 11, 2017 01:43PM
Hi Kurt,

You got me! I'm a horrible critic of my own work. And, yes ... it's hard for me to look at old work without wanting to "tweak" it a bit.

This one is 38 years old!!! Good grief ... how does this happen. I'll get some pics today. It has early wire inlaid Bubinga wood, handle scales. Filed back. Carbon steel (O-1) blade. It was out in the public and I came by it long ago. It got buried in the "boxes of time". Now it's time to set it free.

Probably around 4:30-5 this afternoon.

Thanks Kurt!
Gary
December 11, 2017 04:22PM
Gary
That OOOOLD of a knife AND it's used it's probably pretty dull .$$ 1/2 price$$ Does it come with a free sharpening? Hehe your such a tease !

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021