Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Shop Post Card ....

A Shop Post Card ....
December 14, 2017 01:15AM
I've been fortunate in a number of ways recently. Here's what I've been up to.

1). Work every day! I'm extremely grateful for that. I'm a creature of stability. Funny, I hate repetition, yet I like having the ability to process my daily routine. Once I find something I like or something that works ..., I'm pleased with repeating that sort of thing. I'd rather work than to have my day interrupted.

2). Stamina. Grateful for that. It may be on the genes, or those late nights at my bedside card table workbench instilled Stamina. I keep going until I physically cannot keep going. Even though I've had a deep aches and pains recently - they haven't stopped me. In fact - they inspired a medical device invention ....

IMG_9105.JPG

The "Muscle Rub - Bamboo Elongated Applicator of Rollerball". Here at BPS ... we call it .... right .... MR BEAR. Works great.

3). Making the List - Checking it OFF! Many lines of the Needed Christmas Gifts list, have been checked off. There was some discussion about crossing them off in Highlighter GREEN.. Yes. I know. The Green highlighter could not be located immediately. Once I did, Kelly had already begun in HOT PINK!!! It just 'AINT RIGHT. But the deed was done. Completed gifts this year are determined by HOT PINK highlighter dots.

4). Captured this for you. Barnes Differential Heat Treat

IMG_9109.JPG

You see the fine mirror finish. However; In just the right light at just the correct angle .... you can see the three ZONES created in my heat treat.

IMG_9108.JPG

Zone 1 is at edge hardness. Tool edge hardness. This will cut steel.
Zone 2 is tool body hardness. Not as hard as the edge, but not as resilient as a spring.
Zone 3 is spring temper. Tough, Resilient.

To be continued. .....

I fear the dog is getting my dinner!

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021