Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: FOR SALE - ABALONI PEARL MOSAIC 97 - bullhorn

SOLD SOLD SOLD take a bow - ABALONI PEARL MOSAIC 97 -
February 03, 2018 08:58PM
Here is the second 97 I've been speculating on. Hope you like it.

IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0085.JPG

IMG_0086.JPG

Machined Billet Aluminum Case. Hand Cut and Polishef Abaloni Pearl Shell Scales.

SS tool steel differentially heat treated blade.

7" OAL

$750 plus $18.75 USPS Priority Mail.

Please drop your marker here for a time stamp.

A few notes. Like the 97 I showed yesterday, this is the "lay up" of parts for an advanced view and opportunity to buy. In fact - full disclosure - this series is very precisely made to pattern. The blades are interchangeable. The blade for this one is identical, but not polished yet. This is the actual blade from the Black Pearl knife. As I say - interchangeable.

Ok. The knives are priced based on the sliding scale of the last several years. These are a lot of work. The Black Pearl and the Blue Pearl feature different unique processes, but add up quite similar in effort.

I hope you like this one and yesterdays knife. I'd like to get back to some rifles. I think you'd heard the story about the lights and the heat and the sack of groceries. We've proven, once again; that illness doesn't pay, but determination puts product on the forum - even when sitting on the couch would be prudent. But .... alas .... my couch doesn't pay, at all. So; please take a good look at the knives. If you'd like to pay more, we'll talk. Smile.

Gary

NOW SOLD SOLD SOLD

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2018 02:02PM by barnespneumatic.
February 03, 2018 11:40PM
Gary,

Hope you both are on the mend. I am still getting dental work done here I could never afford in the USA.

That knife is a real looker. Stunning really. I feel sorry for the bi-valve. ha ha ... Kidding.

I know they both will not last long.

Get well both of you.

Larry
February 04, 2018 02:27PM
Gary
That's a reall looker like Larry said . The natural colors of the shell and what you did brought out the best .

Thanks
Kurt
February 04, 2018 03:37PM
Thank you Larry and Kurt,

I appreciate your comments. Nice to know people's opinion of my work. That's part of how I form my understanding of what people enjoy.

Many Thanks. We are feeling a lot stronger. Mostly thru the coughing now. It was a rough one. Our best thoughts to anyone going thru that cycle.

Gary
February 04, 2018 03:44PM
BTW. Shell Pearl is unidirectional regarding its "flash" of color. The knife handle changes as it's rotated. For instance, note in the pic, the bottom triangle piece appears less intense than the others. It's actually just as brilliant. As the handle is rotated, that piece will light up and flash with intense color when viewed at its optimal angle.

Gary
February 06, 2018 07:45PM
So; what do you think?

No cost for opinions posted
February 09, 2018 12:09AM
Gary,
All I can say is BEAUTIFUL!

Would someone please buy this before I am tempted again!

Scott
February 10, 2018 12:35AM
Gary
That has to be one of the most beautiful pieces of shell I've ever seen . Can you snap a picture of the other side please ? Also what did you say the length was 6"-7" ? I showed my wife and she really likes it . I told her that was a mans knife . Way to big for a girl ! Haha
Man oh man I sure wish I could ....................................... hold that knife ! Hehe it's a beauty for surewhistlinghot smiley

Thanks
Kurt
February 10, 2018 04:00AM
Tease.

It's 7" over all open.

It's a 97 so perfect for a little girl to a crusty old fossil.

I'll snap a pic.

I'll have to tidy up the few loose ends. It's very fine. You know now, that's a Mosaic. I had to pick, cut, grind, polish the components that were perfect matches.

Gary
February 10, 2018 05:20PM
Both sides!

Beautiful!!!

IMG_0157.JPG

Jump in, the pearl is perfect!!!

Gary
Re: SOLD SOLD SOLD take a bow - ABALONI PEARL MOSAIC 97 - bullhorn
February 11, 2018 08:51PM
Even more coffeeThanks Gary
It is completely as I thought it would be . And 7" long it would hafta to have a good name like ( Beauty & the Beast ) or ( Jekyll and Hyde )

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021