Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiFi for streaming and phone.

WiFi for streaming and phone.
February 09, 2018 07:15PM
I want to thank two people. Kelly, for helping me - and my last buyer for perking me up enough to run new CAT5e direct bury cable from the house office to the shop Router. I'm taking a short break at my main bench center .... to type this. I haven't been able to do this for months. My need for generating income and our series of illnesses .... kept me from being able to replace my cable.

I'd traced the problem to leave only one more component; the very cable itself. I have no idea what happened to it. To do it right, I had to include the section of cable under the house. This morning, I entered the crawl space under the house. Over these pipes, under this beam, between columns, around drains. If you have an image of Catherine Zetta Jones .... and the laser beams ..... that's close. Took all my residual strength to back out, after replacing the cable up into the office.

We dollied the cable feed box down thru the woods trail, down the lane, across and into the Studio. Across the ceiling to the Router. Attached the 8pin ends, and Kelly said that SHE would plug it in and I was forbidden to watch the lights go thru their cycle. And, at the end of the cycle, it stayed lit blue!!!!

Thanks to those who buy; to keeps the lights, and the wifi on.
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2018 07:16PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: WiFi for streaming and phone.
February 10, 2018 12:22AM
Well I sure hope that solves your issues of wifi . I am NO stranger to climbing around under a house . You'll for sure need a little Ben gay icy hot rub tonight . You can't quite stand up and or kneel and all belly crawling makes you use muscles you never knew you had . Hehe laughing

Thanks
Kurt
February 10, 2018 04:17AM
Yeah. That was great fun.

The cable we ordered it nice stuff. Heavy sheath. Direct bury. The other stuff we were putting in conduit.

I'd burned thru my phone data plan and they were about to start charging me big money. I've been fighting 3G, 4G, 1x, silence in the shop for months. Just can't tolerate the music. All designed to drag emotion out of you. Mostly to try to depress you. I'm no fan of modern song writers. Even classic era writers too. If you aren't miserable, they aren't happy. I'm an artist. I see and hear details. Even I the background. I don't want to be screwed with. I just want company or better; I want interesting discussion or commentary.

And so, I have wifi back. I can take care of business. Do the forum. AND, big one .... I have access to help if I have health or injury issues.

And far better contact with Kelly. Now if we can get her broken phone replaced.... what a zoo it's been.

Gary
February 14, 2018 02:51PM
Gary,

Glad it worked out.

Technology is so complicated these days it is rare to troubleshoot to root cause, just swap parts. Getting it working first, then cruise the Internet at leisure on your new connect and try to determine root cause. Right!laughing

I was using a USB dongle WiFi transceiver on my desktop and after almost two years of reliable service my connection ground to a halt. I have been having other USB anomalies and suspect it was not the dongle, but I swapped it out for a $20 PCie card and doubled my speed while reducing my headache. Should recoup my expense by saving on aspirin by year end.

Lon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2018 02:58PM by Bigbore.
February 14, 2018 09:37PM
Wouldn't it be nice if I had readers like that?

Empty pocket ...,, buy a Barnes Folder. Dull knife.... buy a Barnes Folder. Like to drop in to check on Barnes' site ..... buy a Barnes folder ... or anything. Need a gift for someone.... ask Barnes what he has that's appropriate. nowthatIthink. What a world it could be.

Well Lon, I had a four component system. Modem, Cable, Router, Phone. 3 of them worked so it was a good bet it was the fourth. Thumbs up!

And it worked,
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021