Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Mile marker achieved

Mile marker achieved
February 16, 2018 08:41PM
So I've notice an achievement recently on Gary's life time goal to make us ALL a piece of himself. You Gary have surpassed the 1400 serial number of knifes ! Now that is a serious amount of work. I know you have done a lot of other creative things in your life for the general public and family & friends but the knives you've felt important enough to numerate and document. In some of our private and website discussions I've asked you about your airguns & how many you've done . But they don't get a serial number and I just figured it must be due to a lower count and individual names given to each airgun .( my guess is about 200-220 ) anyway I wanted to give you a BIG congratulations to the number achieved. Each hand made individual little piece of Garys heart & brain is out there and they just keep coming !

I've read on different websites about knives you've designed and then they get into the market by someone who saw YOUR design as an ahah moment and copied it and weaved it into the market as their own . Very sad but I didn't want to tarnish this congrats with anymore of that .bowingWeightstake a bowthumbs up

Ps : Has anyone else noticed the website has changed ? Only new topics have the little red letters next to them when logged on . It used to be any comments & new topics were red letters to notify of activity. Could be my phone too . It was around the time the activity by guests & users at the bottom of the page reset to the year 2018 !
Just wondering

Thanks
Kurt
Re: Mile marker achieved
February 17, 2018 06:23PM
Hi Kurt,

Thank you very much. I really appreciate you noticing that and mentioning it too.

That is a bunch of knives and a lot of work. I guess you can appreciate the idea of starting from square one and making all those over again. And the tools, the Dies, the cutters, the machines. And learning all the skills. It's just an overwhelming thought for me, and I did it.

The numbers on the rifles. It's a complete mystery Kurt. Other then the fact that they take so long to make. And there doesn't seem to be any proper place to put the number. With the knives, most are folders. The number goes on the inside liner right before the knife is assembled. Habit I guess. A gun goes on and on and on. But, it's my bad. I've started a time or two to write them down. I can remember them. Take a while to organize but it could be done.

I haven't noticed red dots. Now, when "I" post a new thread I don't get a red dot. I only ever got them from new comments. I'll bet that's it!!!! The forum is probably full of new comments and the red dot thingie is broke!!!! Haha.

Kurt, thank you. Thanks for Posting, my Friend
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021