Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How's this look???

How's this look???
April 04, 2018 10:45PM
IMG_0815.JPG

Pocket Clip!

How will THAT look on the outside of a pocket?

Gary
Re: How's this look???
April 05, 2018 05:05PM
Way cool Gary that would look way cool on my tape measure . What do you plan with it ? A decorated knife clip , money clip or just pocket decor . Put my name on one I'll take a clip .

Thanks
Kurt
April 05, 2018 09:00PM
Hi Kurt,

Well, that's great. There are many uses that they could be adapted for.

This one will be on the back of a very stout Flipper, Ball Bearing blade mounted, Python Scale, Folder.

I can see money clip, key ring .... I'm open to ideas. I'm glad you like it Kurt. I do too. And, you can see that that Skull die will have many uses from Coins to Cuffs to Pendants, to ....????

Let me hear your ideas please. That's the fun part.

Gary
April 05, 2018 10:23PM
That’s a neat idea. I can think of several uses. How about a belt loop with a ring attached to clip on keys, a lanyard to attach a pocket watch or a tool to, or something else that you don’t want to lose. It just needs to slide onto the belt so it’s secure.

Keith
April 06, 2018 04:27AM
I like that Keith.

I'll think of how to bend a loop without destroying the texture and Artwork.

Thanks.
Gary
April 06, 2018 12:58PM
Nice thinkin Keith . I was thinking a square rivet or 2 horizontal ones and attach a loop on the back made of similar material. Also as you know Gary you use highlighters for your job , we use them a lot at work and I'm always loosing ( people borrow) mine and that clip could be used to fasten mine to my pocket and keep it from rolling off my print table . I do like the badge design of the outer shape . Can you give me the dimensions? It would be a way to show off my tools at work and possibly sell some . I'm forever hiding little marks or initials on my personal tools so those { borrowers } can't claim my tools or take over my consumable's! I used to paint them bright colors .

You don't know how good you have it without borrowers working in your area !! Ha

Ps: also with the fixed sleeve on the back for a highlighter my small flashlight would fit into it also .

Thanks
Kurt
April 06, 2018 01:38PM
Great ideas Guys.

Have to credit Julio too. He asked me about clips on pocket knives for at least a decade. He finally wore me down and got the first one! Haha.

Julio, if you are reading .... you can say "I told you so!" Haha.

What's the diameter of your flashlight Kurt. Maybe I can protect my pocket 97 of yours from your flashlight. Ha.

I could make that tube a bit springy with a split tube OR use springy fingers wrapped around the diameter which could apply a little bit of tension.

We are cooking with gas now!!!

Gary
April 07, 2018 06:11PM
Hehehe, I told you so. I’m glad to see you testing with a pocket clip on this next knife.
April 07, 2018 08:47PM
IMG_0829.JPG

It's not finishedbut I'm working on it.

Thumbs up

Gary
April 08, 2018 01:35PM
Looking good!
April 08, 2018 02:15PM
It will have round low head screws.

Might get finished today. I had to make a whole kit of small tools and jigs to do different things. Seems like it's taken forever but you have to be set up to make a hundred before you make the first.

In testing, it slides onto a jean Pocket, holds tight, and releases well. It's hammered copper so it's work hardened and should hold its spring.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021