Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Back from Holidays

Back from Holidays
July 22, 2018 04:42PM
Made it home from a week of travel. Drove 15 hours one way to meet up with my wife's friend. She lives in Germany with her hubby and knew each other before she moved to Germany. Her parents live in Canada and here and her hubby come visit roughly every 5 years.

Northern Ontario is mostly trees and a few lakes. Rolling hills every so often and a few scenic spots. We had last traveled through in 2013 and back then we did the drive without stopping. This time we split it in two, drive halfway and rest. Definitely not in my 20's anymore where I could drive 14 hours and not big deal. Now 8 hours seems a lot.

Wife's friend's dad is doing great, He is 70, retired and very active. Unfortunately his wife has Alzheimer and has degraded to the point of not recognizing her daughter nor him most days. Must be hard to deal with no doubt.

I spent most of my time thinking during the drive. Was nice just to have time to process things and think them through for a change. This next week will be back to reality, back to work, back to working on 3D printer business and so on.

Mostly highway and trees.
IMG_7016.JPG

A few scenic spots, Lake Nipigon, Ontario region
IMG_7015.JPG

Our host thought it would be great to have our dog play with another, so we went to his son's place to play with Rosy. A cute Lassie look a like. (I forget the breed). We had arranged for a sitter for our dog 2 months in advance but things changed last minute so we had to take him. He did really well on the trip, mostly slept while driving. Our host had lost his dog of 12 years 2 weeks prior to cancer so he really enjoyed having our dog there.

Playing with Rosy, our host's granddaughters' puppy.
IMG_7017.JPG

All went well with the car, our health and no incidents with wildlife. Saw a bear cub on the way up, a few deer and on the way back saw 3 doe deer.

Now back to being at home and the yardwork, 3D printeres, knives and life smiling smiley

Thanks for reading.

Pedro
Re: Back from Holidays
July 22, 2018 05:49PM
Hello Pedro

I’m glad you had a good trip. Excellent.

Thank you so much for posting - with pics. Very enjoyable to find.

I think Rosie is a “Toy Collie”. Very cute. I had a full sized Collie (Becky) as a teen. Lovable dogs.

I recognize the “drive and design” mindset. It’s enjoyable. I’m certain that you made progress on your work.

I hope you enjoy getting back to work. Thank you, sincerely; for thinking of the forum and taking the several minutes to post.

God Bless You and your Family
Gary
July 24, 2018 10:25PM
Pedro
Looks like a great time . There's not much better than a long drive down a winding road . I'll bet you were glad to have the dog along after all .
Thanks for the pics !

Thanks
Kurt
July 26, 2018 02:07AM
Kurt,

Thanks for the post. Having the dog was a mixed blessing. He kept wanting to "drive". Wife had to keep him from diving into my lap while driving. Twist and turns are nice but also makes you have to be alert to wildlife and pesky speeders who take risks to pass everyone.

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021