Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Please Note: Survey

Please Note: Survey
September 15, 2018 05:19PM
I was really pleased to note a nearly universal reaction to the last two knives I posted. And then Kurt had to screw it up by actually commenting on the thread of one knife.

Questions:

1). Have you read the Forum Name, and concluded that my posts were Spam?

2). I’ve considered changing the name of the forum. Since the beginning, it has been noted that my personal activities and efforts tend to be highly represented here. How about ... “The Stuff Gary Does to Survive?” WAIT .... idea .... SURVIVOR. Has a ring! A ... familiar sound .... ohhhhh ..... ahhhhhhhhwwww .... right.

3). Lots of effort, friendship invested here. I hope you still enjoy reading. I would too. If you have a friendly comment ... please share.

4). Anybody been using the stuff I built from 1974 on? Wait ....,

Texted a friend the other day. Asked him how his 97 was holding up. It was a special design. Light weight. Innerframe construction.

1766A73F-4F16-43F0-A652-B02319747D2C.jpeg

He was in a Sport’s Bar. Had the knife on him. Said he’d carried it nearly every day since opening the box. About 6-7 years I guess.

618F722E-B4E3-4129-8099-306FE704FFAE.jpeg

Actually USES IT!!! Good GRIEF!!!

He loves it. Yay ....

Gary
Re: Please Note: Survey
September 16, 2018 06:24PM
Gary
As you know I've been carrying my Md97 loose in my pocket since the day I got it . It's is still working but every now and then I have to clean the fuzz out and lube it up . The aluminum frame is Soooo light weight you hardly know it's there . This little coffin handled Damascus is always handy around the house . I keep it laying around for easy access that require a super sharp knife . I've NEVER sharpened it or stropped and it's still the sharpest knife ever . I really like the pattern of Damascus you've made . Just wanted to let you know it's in use !

Thanks
Kurt
IMG_2130.JPG
September 17, 2018 01:54PM
Hi Kurt,

I’d say you bought that from me in the early 80’s. Hey .. that was YOU? Ha. ‘;?)

Still sharp huh? Those things do take a fine edge. I’d say that’s Cocobolo and Nickel. Very Clean Knife.

Enjoy,

Gary
September 19, 2018 10:16AM
Well Gary ....
Had I known you in the 80's I'm sure I would have gotten it from you but hey I found it in a box of forks at a flea market. NOT haha
It's a very clean knife like you said simple AND elegant and very useful. I absolutely love it .

Thanks
Kurt
September 19, 2018 04:16PM
Gary,

1. No
2. I wouldn't change the name.
3. Sure do.
4. I use my knives for light duty around the house. They work beautifully.

Keep it going.

Karl
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021