Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More coffee In Progress. Carving/Engraving

More coffee In Progress. Carving/Engraving
September 18, 2018 11:07PM
I was asked to design an engraving pattern to accentuate the Stone Inlaid frame of a Knife nearing completion.

The owner enjoys rock climbing and likes the bold geometric patterns which are used on some climbing garments. The large bold patterns couldn’t find a canvas on the long thin panels of the knife ... but My mind suggested that I consider the patterns used my the Inca, Aztec, Mayan civilizations. I thought it may fit. I drew out a test card and texted it for consideration. They liked it.

So I’ve been doing sessions. When the arm fatigues, I switch to other things.

9607DB6D-81E0-4DE1-BBB8-C9881CE7106A.jpeg

I’ve carved in a manner which is intended to depict “Stone Carvings”. I think it’s coming together. This is not complete, but I figured the owner may enjoy following along.

15A883DF-7CC7-4088-BA98-0B26B2F444C9.jpeg

There is quite a bit to designing “for the space available”, and cutting to produce a given desired feeling/aura.

Thanks for reading.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2018 11:10PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: More coffee In Progress. Carving/Engraving
September 19, 2018 02:54AM
WOW, didn't see that coming. That really sets it off.

I should have known better. thumbs up

Lon
September 21, 2018 01:10PM
Thks Lon. I missed your post. Glad you like it.

Hope you are well

Gary
September 21, 2018 04:23PM
As we advance in age, "well" is a relative term. I'm not "not well", but it has been a most unusual year. injured laughing again

Lon

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2018 04:25PM by Bigbore.
September 21, 2018 04:50PM
Hi Lon,

I am pleased that you aren’t unwell. I expect that I won’t be dissimilar to that, once my situation reverses.

Gary
September 19, 2018 10:24AM
Gary
That is really awesome ! ( that's what the kids say nowadays) it's even too micro for the sharpie . I'm sure he will love your choice of design plus it will add a sort of gription to it so it won't fly outta your hand ! My hand hurts just thinking about those lines . I'd say 120" of lines or more if you added them all up . Hope your not charging by the inch !
Verrrrry nice

Thanks
Kurt
September 21, 2018 01:24PM
Awesome is “Good” ... right? Ha

I had the image of an “Artifact”. One of those mystery items they will make documentaries about in years to come. “This Rock Climber says he came by the knife, when he traded a Sasquatch five sticks of jerky, a flashlight, and a nice dense club of hardwood for it.”

I like “Contrasts”. I always find life’s spice in the contrasts. When you find them, you know it.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021