Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Could you STAND a bit of Humor?

Could you STAND a bit of Humor?
October 17, 2018 11:30PM
Just heard on IHeartRadio Streaming ..... There is a Structure reported to be “The Oldest Fossils on Earth!” I think it was 2.7 Billion years old. Made by Microbs. Was a big deal. Oh Yeah. Well ... a new Team of Scuentists just published a paper. Saying ... “It’s just a pile of rocks.” “WHAT!!?!! NO IT’S NOT!!!!!” “Is too.” “ITS NOT ROCKS!!!” “It’s just a pile of rocks.” “NOT! NOT! NOT!” “To.”

I just found it humorous. I suspect all involved are tenured Professors making a couple hundred G’s. Hey, they should come have a look at the Fossilized Mosquito Tusk I’ve harvested here at the Barnes Pneumatic South. That’s the rare stuff.

Kelly reminds me of my Med schedule daily. I’d just work til I died with the magic pill in my pocket. So; I picked out the required 5:30 Meds and tossed them in. Washed down with a swig of instant coffee. And then ... it struck me. Oh ... what happened to the handsome young man. Off to College with Chrome Wheels on my 67 Ford Fairlane 500. The famous Ford 289 V8 purring. Hahaha.

And now ... meds and instant coffee. Firmly in the Old Man Category. Haha.

Just hoped to bring you a quick smile.

Gary
Re: Could you STAND a bit of Humor?
October 19, 2018 02:25AM
Glad to hear that you still have a sense of humor left. Has the area gotten back into some normalcy ?

On a different note could you repost what knifes are still available? I got a small tax refund check and its burning a hole in my pocket and that can only be filled with a knife.

Not much else happening here, fires up north, bad smoke visibility less than 1/2 mile on a few days. Air quality warnings. currently fire by a gas transmission line.about 20 miles away. No other fires in the news, maybe they are all contained. Lots of houses burnt, most were in very rural areas but several of the fires got into small towns (Redding CA) [www.latimes.com] Over 1500 buildings destroyed

No rain for 6 month, when we get it the issue will become mudslides on the burnt out areas. At least I don't have to shovel snow..

Gary L
October 20, 2018 04:11PM
Hello Gary,

Sorry I was lost in the depths of the Workbench yesterday. I’ve hacked my way back out for supplies.

I am very glad the fires don’t threaten you. I’m so sorry for the people who have lost so much. Isn’t it always a sad lottery. We were very lucky this time. Our losses were limited to time preparing, buying supplies, and lost days if work. We can sustain those. Around an hour from here, it’s just total devastation. They are cleaning up with bulldozers. One of our Radio stations comes from there. They’ve had 24/7 broadcasting of ... “I need someone to help me with ..” and someone will call in ten minutes later “I can help that lady who needed ...”. It’s been amazing to listen to. People who have lost their homes, are helping other people. Reporters ask people “How did you fare in the storm?” Answer ... “Well my Home and everything that was in it, is in that pile of rubble pushed up in a mountain up the street.” And yet they sustain.

I really appreciate your offer to buy a knife. That would be very helpful. I’m still working with a busted wrist and I don’t recommend it. I’ll post. I have one more nice “bills and electric” knife I’d like to show you. Hope to finish today.

I know people wonder how I pick what I work on first. It’s a very basic reality. I can only spend from what sells. It’s one of the factors of the “one man shop”. If I have three posted and none sell yet, then I make the fourth. But, if you buy from what’s complete, it gets shipped out. I hope you like that. I do my best. I do get sandbagged and delayed. When I do, I call in the back up team (but they’ve never showed up in 44 years.). Still; I’m sure they’re coming - I just know it. Ha. This month, I’ve had an endless sinus crud - went to my chest, finished there - but has lingered in both. That’s had a side of headaches included. And, of course the busted wrist. Yes, all on top of the regular chronic conditions that frolic throughout my day. All makes a delightful potpourri with hints of oil and ground bone dust .... ahhhhhh.

Back to work! Yes ma’am.

Bye
Gary
October 19, 2018 06:34PM
Thanks for the laugh. I can relate...I'm thinking of removing all the mirrors near by...... at least i don't feel as old as i look.
October 20, 2018 04:18PM
Hi Steve,

I understand.

Funny though ... when I’m cleaned up ... I don’t look so bad. But I feel about three hundred. So I don’t get any slack. Even though I’m a broken version of Gary 2.0 .... I’m still able to do “stuff”. So; “get back to work”. Ha. Yep.

Gary
October 19, 2018 07:24PM
Thanks Gary
I can truly envision them debating/ discussing/ arguing ! Definitely I heart radio material.

I was never a ford man but a old Pontiac man . I loved every one too and there were a lot .

Gary L
That fire stuff hasta be scary for sure . I can't imagine knowing it's close to the homestead. I'm glad it missed you . I bet the smoke is just as bad too!

Hey Steve
I'd gladly trade you my youthful looks ( haha ) for the spring chicken feeling . I've even set my alarm clock any hour earlier so I can get my tired @$$ moving in the morning.
Hot coffee and hot shower and a cocktail of med's and hi ho hi ho .....

Thanks
Kurt
October 20, 2018 04:21PM
Hi Kurt.

GTO
FIREBIRD
LE MANS
BONNIVILLE
DUSTER

Did you have them all?

Gary
October 20, 2018 05:41PM
Haha no Gary
But I had the
2 different year lemans, 3 different year tempest , Custom S, (2 door)
Bonniville,Catalina (4door)
I never had the chance to own a GTO but I had some( tri power )

Sorry to say but duster was Plymouth!

Thanks
Kurt
October 20, 2018 08:30PM
I recalled the Duster/Plymouth later ... but was carving.

The Bonniville was Classy. Had a trunk a Mobster would love ... didn’t it?

My cousin had a 67 LeMans that looked like the GTO. He always wanted the Goat.
October 21, 2018 12:29AM
Ah yes the old 4 door Bonniville was a huge boat that would float down the highway in comfort .
This pic was one of my last ones that didn't survive . We were all pretty lucky and walked away from this accident thank God

Thanks
Kurt
IMG_2266.JPG
October 21, 2018 01:31PM
Kurt,

You know .... I think that would wax out ....

You are gonna need a new hub cap, of course. But that driver’s rear quarter panel looks mint. And the rear seat upholstery is quite nice. It’s all in the way you word the advertisement. “Must See”. “Comes with Owner’s manual”. “Lug wrench like new”. There’s a buyer out there.

Kurt, you are hard on stuff. There’s no use denying it. I’m really glad you’ll weren’t hurt. This is what can happen when you try to sharpen a chainsaw while driving. ‘Nuf said.

Wink
Gary
October 26, 2018 08:59AM
Hmmm... not so sure on the “it’ll buff out part.

I’ve only owned one Pontiac, a 1963 Safari Wagon that I bought in ‘88. It had the “economy” engine...a 389 cu in V8 with a 2 barrel carb, 2 speed automatic (with sort-of over drive that made it into almost a three speed), power everything. It had three full rows of bench seats plus two extra in the back, but zero factory seat belts. Best part was that you could fold all the back rows down and still close the tailgate with a full sheet of plywood loaded. Built like a tank, of course, zero road feel, and nearly single digit feel economy. I was stationed in El Paso TX with the Army at the time, it was the ultimate “lets go party in Juarez” car since I could take nearly my whole Cav troop with me! Wish Id have held on to it, it had character.
October 26, 2018 07:20PM
Sounds like a Dream Boat Rotor,

My Grandfather’s last car was a 62-3 Buick. Probably had that same trans. 2 speed. Oooozzzed down the highway. Sadly, he passed. Car probably had about 3k miles on it. Cousin got it. Destroyed it. A shame.

I recall those solid steel wagons. Families we knew had them. Kids loose in the back. Seats down. Kids fooling with the spare tire well. With the windows down and road noise, parents in total isolation in the front of the car ... about thirty feet away. Great travel days.

Good to see you Sean,

Gary

(I got sidetracked earlier, and forgot to hit “Post” )
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021