Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gary you’re a genius!

Gary you’re a genius!
October 20, 2018 08:45PM
Hi everybody,

Gary is a genius! Just made the nitro competion ready... sportsmatch mounts ( left right up down adjustable), f class bipod( handmade), leupold vari x 3 scope, new regulator...
It was a nice day today so i was testing my new setup and man, one word wow... shot at my own 50 meter range, and this is insane! Did 16 shots ( tot hell with the 9 shot test) and the old lady (18 years old gary’s 5th gun ever made) perfomed like a better than new gun, better than airforce texan,better than a marauder gen2 (that is a .25 the nitro is a .452)... it is incredible! So in Holland we have this big bore competion possie... and i’mgoing to compete with the nitro next year... and with this gun i make more than a good shot to win!l Let’s speak the images for themselves... Thank you Gary and godbless you!
730F1A19-9C12-4163-B294-126F20588760.jpeg
250147F0-DB9A-41E8-9911-B88F551AFBDA.jpeg
01E0EF45-4876-426F-B7AF-B7DAADD6839B.jpeg
9951002D-47F2-4A06-8612-73072AAD641F.jpeg
0CCF360A-DA8D-44B7-B1FC-7B8705651038.jpeg
Re: Gary you’re a genius!
October 21, 2018 12:21AM
Brian
That's pretty darn good . There's nothin better than ONE ragged hole after 16 shots .
Gary's airguns have won a few competition shoots from what I hear and read . I'm sure if you do your part , the Nitro will do it's part. Thanks for the pics . It's nice to see the ole girl back in action .

Ps: I concur.... Gary IS a genius

Thanks
Kurt
October 21, 2018 02:04PM
Thank You Brian,

That’s very kind of you. I am honored.

That is quite a target (a shame about that wild “Flier” though ...... haha).

There are an enormous number of functions, operating precisely and consistently, to produce a target like that. Not the least of which is the Shooter. Well Done. I have targets stapled all over the walls of my shop and shooting trailers. It’s very rewarding to pull the trigger, study the target, and see a group like that.

Thank you for posting such a fine thread. Best Results in your competition! I pity the Gents with current fine rifles. Smile.

Gary
October 21, 2018 04:24PM
Gary,

Been watching all you’re guns ever made, saw that you tested all of them... and you’re a navy snipper, even with the cheapest scope, open sights, man that is some shooting.., will keep trying...

Kind regards Brian
October 21, 2018 05:27PM
Thank you Brian,

You are encouraging me. I want to get back to the Airguns as well as my knives.

I will keep trying too.

I have to get some lead in the air!

Gary
October 22, 2018 03:50PM
Brian,

That gun always shot great.

When I saw your rifle at Standing Stone 1 for the first time, there was concern for the targets we were using, the gun was splitting the steel plate that Gary used to make the targets. I forget what the solution was, but maybe Guido(The original owner) was made to shoot last.scared

I had a Quackenbush Bandit in .50 caliber to shoot while I was waiting for my Barnes to be completed. I can remember being filled with jealousy when I saw the gun you have now. The power and elegance were just simply an order of magnitude higher. There were a few other big bores available at the time, but Gary was a light-year ahead of the pack.

Lon

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2018 03:51PM by Bigbore.
October 23, 2018 03:52PM
Hat Tip Lon.

Thank You.
Gary
October 23, 2018 06:26PM
Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know, i shot from a lying position in the grass, no bench... so with a bench the rifle will be even more accurate!
Even now Gary’s gun is still top of the bill Lon... also own a Quakenbush .45 and an xp ranger .45 and the barnes is still more accurate, also love the trigger... if you just touch it, it goes! No effort at all...

A deep bow to the master,
Brian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021