Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New 100 yard target board

New 100 yard target board
June 20, 2009 07:50PM
Another wet Saturday, so I spent an hour and a half cutting up some 4"x4" posts I had lying around, and some scrap plywood, and constructing a new target board for 100 yard shooting. It looks like this

It will take up to 6 targets with either 12 or 24 bulls depending on which target configuration I use. The targets are stapled to the ply, and are raised off the surface of the backer to supply nice clean slug or pellet holes. There are 3 wind "flags" so hopefully one will always be in the sight picture irrespective of which target I'm shooting..shooter with bench rifle
It will live permanently at the 100 yard location, so I only have to scoot across the paddock and staple a few targets on.
Now hoping for some weather that will allow me to begin the process of destroying this creation incrementallygrinning smiley
Cheers
Neil
Re: New 100 yard target board
June 20, 2009 07:52PM
Sweet . . . let's see if your .50 will punch through those 4x4s @ 100 yards. shooter with bench rifle

-- Jim
June 21, 2009 07:02AM
Heheheh Jim. It'll be interesting to see the damage, but I suspect it will be a war of attrition rather than a straight smash through!shooter
June 20, 2009 09:20PM
Oh, I think that'll take a few .50 shots before it springs a leak!

Nice work Neil. It seems to me, you might mant some cardboard under those targets to keep the holes from ripping.

OTBW, Your .50 and .454 slugs shipped today. We came in at 1.7 ounce under the limit!
June 21, 2009 07:10AM
Yep, Jerry, probably a series on the bull before the 4x4 gives in....
I stick my targets to a cardboard backer, which is the back of an A4 writing pad recycled from work. I have heaps of them since my colleagues know of my requirement for cardboardcool smiley
Pleased to hear the slugs are on the way, and Pheww, that was close weight-wiseeye popping smiley!!
June 21, 2009 02:02AM
Nice target board, good work!
June 21, 2009 07:14AM
Cheers Peter. I can't wait to put it to some good useshooter with bench rifle If it ever stops raining that is. Who was it that talked about global warming? Seems the opposite is happening heremore confused
June 21, 2009 12:04PM
Yeah Neil ...

You better move those targets around a bit ... so you don't shoot out the bull's eye area on all your 4 by 4's right away! winking smiley

Nice job. thumbs up

Gary
June 22, 2009 08:08AM
i like the windicators , good idea , nice job.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021