Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

When you HOT .... you HOT Snowman "festive"

When you HOT .... you HOT Snowman "festive"
December 18, 2018 12:22AM
I just turned the A/C off in the shop for the day.

We’ve had quite a variety of weather. We have had a LOT of cloudy and rainy weather. Overcast and gloomy. The few sunny days have been very welcome.

The temperature in the buildings has varied between “just too cold”, to “a tad too warm”. Fortunately, we are well insulated so it doesn’t take much of a bump to adjust in either direction.

I’ve been burning a lot of hours. That warms me up too. I’ve filled some Christmas wishes for customers. Thank you for remembering that Santa and his Mrs. have to eat. Thank you for checking in too. Nobody owes it to me, but it’s nice to be remembered.

Kelly and I have been working the long shift to make some nice handmade gifts for our family. I’m sure they wouldn’t disown us if they got a gift card, but it just doesn’t seem right if I don’t pull a variety of craft items out of my memory of “things made” over the last decades. I’ve posted just a few. I hope you have enjoyed seeming them. There are many more.

I’d love to have ya say hello. Has anyone gotten to shoot recently?

I made a First Christmas ornament for my Great Granddaughter earlier today. When I had to choose between continuing as a Vocal Music Major in College, or setting out the next year and opening a Woodworking Business in 1974 .... I certainly wouldn’t have imagined making a Christmas Ornament for my Great Granddaughter.... and doing it in a shop in the woods of Florida! You just don’t know what a life will bring.

BTW .... if you are inclined ... please pray for all of the friends you have met here. There are needs here. Prayers will be appreciated from friends.

I reaylook forward to shooting soon. I have a very interesting PCP to show and demonstrate. It has made a loop out into the world, and returned to me. Actually, it was crafted and MD and found me again in FL. We will enjoy it together.

Enjoy our Blessed Christmas Season,
Pop

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2018 12:24AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: When you HOT .... you HOT Snowman "festive"
December 18, 2018 10:16AM
Gary,

Vocal music major huh. Bass no doubt.

I'm so deep in the city, if I shoot, it has to be at the range. If I go to the range, I shoot powder. The last time I took precharged to the range I was with Keith and he was single-handedly responsible for getting SCUBA banned from the Miami-Dade County range.whistling

Any time the Florida weather tries your nerves, break out those old photos of you with the snow plow clearing the driveway. In Florida we have a saying, "you don't have to shovel rain".

I have been working a LOT of hours recently but I've just finished for the year. The long hours were almost like putting time in the bank, and now I'm on "holiday" as they say in the UK, until the new year.

Lon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2018 10:16AM by Bigbore.
December 20, 2018 11:41PM
Hi Lon,

Baritone, Soloist.

Traveled and represented the College in their Duet, Quintet, and Choir.

Would have been a real different life if I’d have stayed. But ... I had all this stuff in my head and in my hands. How do you know when you are 19+

You may have bought my Christmas Album and I’d be retired.

I’ve been singing with Andrea Bocelli while working on Christmas presents. I have to carry the guy, but the kid has has spunk.

Gary
December 18, 2018 12:10PM
Gary
I can't believe you had ac on but after all you ARE in Florida.
It was about 30 deg F last night here in Michigan but the sky was on FIRE! It was very fast changing sky and before I got to pull over to get these pics there was a huge white horizontal layer / streak/ band in the middle of this beautiful scene. You definitely don't have to be on shoreline to see great sunsets . This old cornfield worked just fine .

Congrats / cheers Lon on a little R&R I'm sure you've earned it . I also had a banner year for working overtime. I'm almost up to 800 hours of JUST OT! I'm too old and been here too long to be slaving my life away . I usually take off between Christmas and New Years and this year worked out great with the way the days landed. I'm hopeful to get in a little air time myself.

PS: Gary Im sure all the hard work you and Miss K have put in on the homemade presents will be appreciated. The faces will tell the tale . No sox and underwear under your tree.

Thanks
Kurt
IMG_2461.JPG
IMG_2462.JPG
December 18, 2018 10:00PM
Kurt,

Is that gap where you fall off the Earth?

Merry Christmas to all.Snowmanrudolph

Lon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021