Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Follow Through. Gun Materials

Follow Through. Gun Materials
January 16, 2019 10:03PM
Recalling the comments regarding an anticipation of me getting back to doing Airgun work. Hope you find interest to join a post with discussion.

When I take a new piece of work to the Range, there’s no guarantee that it will perform well. I was pretty pleased to see this new slug work so well. There’s a lot of work before you load a new slug into a Chamber. From Design to machining the Tool Steel Cherry Cutter, to Hardening and then Tempering the Tool Steel Cutter. Then of course preparing blank Casting Mold Blocks. Setting it all up to “Cherry” the Mold Cavity. Then preparing the Mold with handles and Sprue Cutter. Casting the mold. Grading the Slugs you cast. Making a perfect Tapered Sizing Die and Ram to fit the Sizer you use. Sizing the Slugs. Grading them again. Ok, NOW you can shoot one ..... after you set up the Chronograph and Range. And TAKE PICTURES please. HAHA.

So; here’s that FIRST target again with a color backer so you can define the hits. Hey, the Slugs could have just sailed off into the blue. Could have gone PING PING PING THUNK and let me wonder for years what the THUNK was. Uh oh.....

But a Cloverleaf Initial Group from a Wildly Popular Smooth Bore Airgun I haven’t seen in eight years and haven’t touched to alter a thing???? Priceless.

F0DFB636-835C-4AF0-AE6C-82656F016962.jpeg

And remember Pedro, that LIST for the OUTRIDER 50? Well it’s got quite a bunch of GREEN on it now. I’ve been busy.

Ok. I enjoy your company like you enjoy my posts. Please comment and say Hi.

And .... Best to everyone fighting things. I am aware of several folks. I’ll remember you. Please remember me. Thanks for stopping. God Bless.
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2019 10:11PM by barnespneumatic.
C646142A-49E2-4BB5-8357-53D3BA3E887B.jpeg
Re: Follow Through. Gun Materials
January 17, 2019 12:26AM
Hey Gary,

Nice to see you making progress with the 50 Outrider. That is a lot of green. Awesome groups for 30 yards, smooth bore! Poor rabbit would never know what hit em'. smiling smiley

Its lots of work from Design till the slug hits the target. So many steps, procedures, potential mistakes, rework... this is where your experience shines my friend!

As you know my life is "blah" right now. My wife has good days and right now the bad as she had her 2nd chemo this past Friday.

All the best as you carry on.

Pedro
Re: Follow Through. Gun Materials
January 17, 2019 03:23AM
You and Maria are in my thoughts often, my friend. Strength and comfort for both of you.

I’m always very glad to see your name of a post.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021