Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Our Easter Sunday "festive"

Our Easter Sunday "festive"
April 22, 2019 01:26PM
We had a very nice Easter Sunday. We hope you did too.

Kelly Volunteers at a Children’s Advocacy Center in town. She’s met some fine people thru her duties there. There’s a small semi-local Church that provides lunch for the staff on certain days. We decided to attend Easter Sunday with them.

4A5BE1E5-DC7E-4133-B7C4-FF09FD0E38FF.jpeg

Their building includes this lovely Chapel section that was “moved to this location” in the 20’s. It adjoins the larger sections of their building.

Funny story. We arrived “early” to a parking lot full of cars. And some folks outside as well as going in and out of a side door. Then we noticed a hand made sign noting Easter Sunday Service ... an hour and a half AGO. Hummmmm. Their web site hadn’t gotten the memo. Ha. We were warmly greeted and invited to a “Congregational Breakfast” - prepared by the men of the church. Their greeting was so genuine, we accepted. And met some of the nicest people. An older gentleman of the congregation showed us around. Told us of the Chapel’s story. And even rang the Church Bell for us.

Later in the day, at home. Kelly and I shared our first Easter Dinner alone, in 30 years. We hade a fine meal.

1F989810-8735-4F6A-92CF-E51DB8FC6CE3.jpeg

Great meal and company.

Hope you had a great day as well!

Gary
Re: Our Easter Sunday "festive"
April 24, 2019 03:27AM
Hi Gary & Kelly,

Looks like you both had an enjoyable day! To bad the timing was off. Nice that you could enjoy a breakfast, I am sure it was good.

Maria and I thought we were getting a visitor Sunday afternoon. Waiting, waiting, finally Maria, my wife, called her sister and she answered. (She lives 1.5 hours away.) I was like "she hasn't even left yet?" A little frustrating. Turns out Maria had misunderstood she was coming Easter Monday.

We didn't do much Sunday, relaxed, went for a walk and had a simple supper.

Hope all is well down south,

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021