Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

(SOLD SOLD SOLD) ......NEXT!!! wow. Malachite, Mammoth, Pearl, Ebony hourglassIt’s Close!!

(SOLD SOLD SOLD) ......NEXT!!! wow. Malachite, Mammoth, Pearl, Ebony hourglassIt’s Close!!
July 17, 2019 04:48PM
Sold Sold Sold ... thank you, sincerely This is an elegant Dress Folder. Worthy to be an Heirloom!

7B28106A-2313-440C-A2C7-4ED5FB378D76.jpeg

This should be finished pretty soon, and the flipper right behind that.

I know it seems the order is haphazard. I just have to work the projects as I’m able. Explaining what it’s like to do this work under several categories of chronic pain ... is over sharing. “Not” explaining makes me appear to be disorganized. I realize I’m a Paradox.

I hope you enjoy seeing the pieces come together.

This will be a well priced medium cost knife.

Soon
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2019 09:57PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: NEXT!!! wow. Malachite, Mammoth, Pearl, Ebony hourglassIt’s Close!!
July 18, 2019 01:05AM
95BC0FA5-3CA2-4917-868D-6EC7A793AA6D.jpeg

Coming along very nicely.

2B55460B-3B72-42F8-B20B-7BF7D8835AD4.jpeg

Notice what working with Stainless is like. These holes are fine. But the “swarf” tossed up around the hole is awful. It has to be carefully removed. The holes were drilled with a sharp drill, correct speed, correct lube. It’s just Stainless Steel. The Chips won’t break. They just smear. The clean hole is under all that crap. Every you do with Stainless takes much longer. Just a show and tell.

Stainless Steel Liners on this knife.

Gary
July 18, 2019 02:35AM
Gary,

Wow those scales look amazing! Sorry to hear you are still having pain. Wish you could get past it all.

Stainless is difficult to work with, but you make it look easy! There are more and more "easier" to machine stainless.

Be nice to see the knife come together. All the best.

Pedro
July 18, 2019 01:17PM
Hi Peter,

It’s great to hear from you.

Doing my best. As you know, the thing that makes it “Chronic Pain” is that it’s always present. Just the intensity modifies and some things distract enough to help. I try to keep
It from creeping into my personality but I know it does. With several types of pain, they take turns dogging my steps.

I’m glad you like the knife It’s going to be really sweet. Laying out the mosaic’s materials, pattern, interplay of color ... so much opportunity there.

So glad you are stopping by Peter. I continue to remember Maria and You.

Blessings
Gary
July 18, 2019 05:34PM
Gary
That’s a crazy good looking match set of scales ! I’m truly amazed at the symmetry you achieved. I know most opposite hand scales are created by a large/ thick piece that’s then cut in half but I know you’ve NOT done that on any of your inlay pieces . They are fabulous mirror images even down to the width of the matrix material.
I also might have called it wrong by saying inlay because your materials go all the way to the edges .
You have done a great job picking the materials to marry together. Some times less is more but you nailed it with this one ! take a bow

Thanks
Kurt
July 19, 2019 01:08AM
Thanks Kurt!

I put a lot of time into the pieces. The cut, color, geometry. I’m glad you noticed.

That’s going to be there for a looooong time. So I want it to look good.

I was thrilled when I mastered my mosaic technique. I didn’t get a black belt or ring, but looking at stuff 30-40 years old that I inlaid or laid up ... and seeing that it’s held up perfectly... that’s an award.

Gary
A51E849F-B0A1-40D7-A073-D12DE07B90DC.jpeg
217CF40F-F038-47AD-B160-86196FD17937.jpeg
208EF691-28DD-4453-9B0C-A4E85297CA5C.jpeg
F6A84D1D-02EF-458A-A243-EDBE571C9A12.jpeg
July 20, 2019 02:25AM
9256ACCB-751F-43CE-B70A-D2267D160166.jpeg

Well ... can you say .... “Sea Worms”?

Yes, why???

Well, they love to drill holes in sea shell ... and ruin pearl. You usually find their holes and tunnels once you have the pearl built into a knife. Ohhh yeah.

So, after our two meetings regarding Boutiques and our Beach Jewelry, I thought I’d love to finish this knife! And, a couple hours in, I found holes and tunnels ... and had to cut apart one of these Mosaic sides and build in new pearl. Sure looks pretty doesn’t it? 9:30 Friday night. Shucks ... I’m just a kid ... I can take it.

Looks pretty good doesn’t it?

Gary
Re: (SOLD SOLD SOLD) ......NEXT!!! wow. Malachite, Mammoth, Pearl, Ebony hourglassIt’s Close!!
July 24, 2019 05:04PM
8C3828C4-584C-4D68-8B88-35A9C43B4D93.jpeg

Just Almost There! Beautiful Knife.

Some lunch ... then to finish!

Yayyyyy

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021