Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Thoughts Are with you ICELANDERS

My Thoughts Are with you ICELANDERS
November 12, 2019 10:36PM
We are acclimated to Northern Florida. And in the 20’s tonight is brutal now. I feel for you all who remain where we had to leave due to the pain of cold. Burrrrr. I know, I’m a whimp anymore. But even so, pain is pain ... induced at 30 degrees or at zero degrees.

I hope you have been able to make your preparations. That’s why we have been out completing preps. Now we wait. I’m grateful the Studio is so very well insulated. The previous owners were all over that.

Ok. Hope your fires stay bright and you can stay inside.

God Bless
Gary
Re: My Thoughts Are with you ICELANDERS
November 13, 2019 04:30PM
We had -11 with the windchill yesterday morning. Brrrr! Not acclimatized to the cold winter just yet.

Had some issues with our furnace, all the new technology is to be better. However, the furnace wouldn't shut off at the set temperature and house would be super warm in the middle of the night. Hopefully the update they did will fix it, so far so good.

Hope everyone is able to stay warm! Hope you are able to work Gary with the cold setting in.

Blessings,

Pedro
November 14, 2019 02:30PM
Thanks Pedro,

I’ve been working, but a bit slower. I took a fall about 6 weeks ago. From about 3 feet, onto my side. Hit hard on hip and shoulder. No chance to roll or crumble. Just “thud”. Flat, like a sack of concrete. Lower back has been exceedingly painful. Possibility I broke something. Maybe tailbone. And there’s nothing regularly done to fix that. Anyway, yes ... I know I attract these things. But I get many blessings so there’s no complaint here. Just statement of fact. Ouch.

I remember your family once again.

God Bless,
Gary
November 14, 2019 01:20PM
Thanks fer thinkin of us Gary!
It’s got down to about 3 deg once here plus we’ve had snow for a while here too.
Pedro I know your north of me so whenever I get bummed about the weather I think of all the Canadian friends I’ve got . We really get what’s called the “ lake effect “ snow from the Alberta clippers and polar vortex. I still love the snow but the cold is wearing on me .

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021