Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Most Popular Air Rifle - US vs UK

Most Popular Air Rifle - US vs UK
March 18, 2020 03:37PM
Hi I wanted to share this infographic that Alpha Militaria made and get people's opinions on it.
Do you agree or disagree with the data?

Data Source: Google Adwords
Original: https://alphamilitaria.com/blog/air-rifles/most-popular-air-rifles-uk-and-usa-2020/
Re: Most Popular Air Rifle - US vs UK
March 18, 2020 07:06PM
Looks like the US market values a low price, and the UK values quality, but of course it’s more complicated than that. The UK has a significant unmet demand for actual firearms which is substituted by the better quality air guns. The much greater availability of guns in the United States means that air guns are relegated to niche markets, where low cost or greater silence are the drivers of demand.
April 06, 2020 08:15AM
That;s a great point on price.I hadn't thought about looking at it from that angle
April 15, 2020 08:25PM
I suspect that a lot of shooters in Europe and the UK would probably opt for a .22 LR over the higher power air guns given the choice, as an air rifle that can deliver the same foot pounds energy typically costs many multiples of what something like a Ruger 10-22 does. Much greater regulations and restrictions of firearms on the continent forces people to choose the more expensive option.

Conversely, the overly restrictive regulation of firearms suppressors in the United States means that shooters looking for the quiet solution are forced to choose air guns, particularly in states that prohibit suppressors.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021