Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fun with Gary! (Insert Stick figure here)

Fun with Gary! (Insert Stick figure here)
March 28, 2020 02:20PM
Ahh .... you’re still reading. Haha.

Hope you are getting along with isolation or whatever duties you perform. Thank you to medical staff and those supporting the effort.

Since I’ve self-isolated for 46 years, I’m well practiced. The milling machines are going a bit stir crazy though. And the Elves are hiding in the trees. If they come home covered in pine sap again, they are getting a good scolding.

Let’s see, yesterday I spent part of the day jammed into the pump house. Previous day of work ended with a dribble of water from the tub spout. Not enough to even make the climb to the shower head to dribble from there. Hummm. Would have been better if it hadn’t “worked until thoroughly soaped”. It’s amazing how long it takes to fill a hand from a dribble of water and thus “de-soap”.

Back in the pump house I read my notes and prodded my memory. This valve off. Pump electric breaker off. Hose to spigot/bib drain. Air hose extended from shop. Compressor on. Tank drained. Pressure switch recalibrated. 1/2 turn Counter Clockwise to rais.... NO - CLOCKWISE!!!! ... to raise the cut on threshold of psi within the pressure tank. Close drain valve. Apply air to bladderless tank. 40 psi should do. Turn pump back on. Ahhhh - good ... it came on. Fill tank. It shuts off about 63 psi. Hope that does it.

Extricate self from pump house with tools. Take half an hour putting things away. Ouch.

Earlier in the week, checking into the failed electric window called into the door of the van. Education continues into the lawyer-ah-fication of America. Nobody will touch the window repair. DEALER SCAM. The units now are registered to your individual car. They aren’t nice levers and metal gears. They are frayed steel cables and whimpy busted plastic spools. Behind panels with sixty bolts thru them, electric connectors on 2” lengths of wire not allowing any movement or bison, and the whole mess is tied to the door latch. Don’t ask me how I know these things. I just do.

That all made the failed drier and it’s absurd cost of repair seem like a picnic. I’ve determined, once again; that my work is dirt cheap when compared to any product, part, or service we experience.

Well, beside these little interruptions, the week has been progressed from Monday thru Saturday, thus far. I’ve worked on a piece to go out. Oddly; concentration has been an effort. I’ve made a replacement part for the one I made to incorrect specs, and I’ve assembled a piece out of order just to require disassembly. To be reassembled today!!! Yay.

I really hope you and yours are well. I hurt like the blazes. But I know the search for the cause will be on hold now. Stay safe. Thanks for reading. I hope you find a smile when you visit.

Blessings,
Gary
Re: Fun with Gary! (Insert Stick figure here)
March 28, 2020 06:39PM
Howdy Gary
I’ve had days just like that and man oh man it just best to stay in bed sometimes!

The isolation thing is a strange thing for sure . Up here in the middle of Michigan I’ve just today finally seen people wearing masks. I’m not sure what that means but maybe they’re just NOW taking this Coronamania seriously. It’s also kinda like a ghost town in a sense that traffic is like the old days . Not many people hustling & bustling around. I had to go out for some minimal supplies and I saw one panicked couple with masks running up and down the isles looking for who knows what .
I’ve been busy as you know at work so I’ve not been to active on the Rendezvous but I hope the small purchase I made will help in a time of need . I wish and hope others can help out especially now more than ever .

I’ve been deemed
“ Critical Infrastructure “ so I’m lucky to still make bank !

Prayers to all . We will get through this mic'd

Thanks
Kurt
March 28, 2020 10:59PM
Couple of pics from the 97 Family.

Thks. Enjoy. Comments welcome.

FCE758F6-967B-4135-8048-393E7E6F38CE.jpeg

181564FE-78C2-4D45-BBE8-9C0FB9060CBA.jpeg
March 30, 2020 02:13AM
These are unique times, regardless of one's prior experiences. Combine these times with aging and its challenges and I'm starting to feel like a different person.

My company is shut down for 6 months, I would have loved to sit in on that meeting. I have the good fortune of being needed and am reporting to work as normal while the other 1500 people are taking a 6 month paid...uh, working from home.

"Stay safe", "social distance" and don't forget to cough into your elbow.injured I did all that stuff before the pandemic.

Lon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021