Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What’s everybody doin

What’s everybody doin
August 18, 2021 09:56AM
Howdy all
Where’s everyone at and whatcha been shooting?

Gary and Miss Kelly
I hope y’all are high and dry and the torrential weather has missed ya !

It’s been a real hot summer here in Michigan and I’m recovering slowly from the recent flooding and huge Dam failure here and settling in to our new house .Hope y’all are well .
Pedro and Julio
God bless you both and stay strong

Thanks
Kurt
Re: What’s everybody doin
August 20, 2021 09:20PM
Hi Kurt

Thanks for asking. Having a lightening storm now. Right overhear. The flash and thunder are together.

Afraid I’ve been pretty heavily occupied with my health issues. I do have one good thing to report. I took a treatment on myself and gained improvement. In all fairness, offices have been heavily affected by COVID. And their staffs have gotten ill. Poking around with mystery symptoms has been hard. I have one Drs Clinic where I’ve never seen the same Dr. twice. Dr. got COVID. Long recovery. She got back and took on a dork of Mystery Yoda like Character in the background. Didn’t see patients anymore. But everybody spoke of her with super respect. And she’d be consulted on your behalf. I saw two more female NP and then one male NP. Good people. Many tests. Scheduling of CAT scans and Xrays. Some done, others not yet.

Back to the progress story. I’ve had a really painful lower back, SI Joint, severe headaches, painful sinus region. I have tests scheduled yet for those. However; I’ve developed a very crooked stance. I mean severe and it’s clearly visible. In self examination, I realized the absurd perception that my right leg was ... too short. If I’d put my heel on a 2 by 4 while standing in front of a long mirror, that would straighten my stance. I know, I know. And very painful.

Well, one set of xrays and technical read couldn’t see anything. But the mirror was clear. I even tried the Chiropractor. Nothing. But everyone can see me leaning and bent, just no answer.

I decided to build a set of Orthotic inserts for my right shoe. It lifts my heel one inch. Ball of my foot is at regular height. It flows into the arch which it supports, and places pressure against the arch at the back of the ball of the foot. Flows into the heel area. Padded and cupped. And, it worked! Feels completely natural. Does not feel like a lump in my shoe. Makes me stand feeling both legs the same length. Restores much of, but not all; to my normal height.

Immediately relieved pain. Doesn’t tire. Feels natural all day long!

One Dr now feels that I must have fractured my SI joint in that serious fall in November a year ago. Guess that would hurt. I’ve been working thru a fracture while it healed. But healed crooked. More tests and xrays are scheduled. To pinpoint where the break was and why it didn’t show easily. Of course it’s healed now. But with everything all twisted, mismatched one leg’s length to the other, it would throw everything off balance and fatigue quickly.

More later. Doing my best. Working on the things I told you plus a bunch of beach jewelry. It’s been a great summer for this work. Our best ever.

Let’s hear from others on Kurt’s fine post.

Thanks
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2021 09:34PM by barnespneumatic.
August 22, 2021 08:55PM
I very rarely comment, so y'all aren't likely to recognize me. Long time follower, basic hobbyist who has admired and been inspired by Gary's projects over the years. I came for the airguns, and pop in and out less frequently now. Not a complaint... life and interests and capabilities march on, and I get that. The challenges shared by Gary and others here have not gone unnoticed, and I say a little prayer whenever I stop by.
So what am I doing? Little in the way of hobby stuff (build/race rc hydroplanes) these days. Gary will relate to the reason... We moved to a new property, and are discovering the new and frustrating challenges that come with it. Ever try to build a shop on a flood plain? Me neither, til now. Patience I'm told, is a virtue, and I am becoming very virtuous. Or not.
Anyway we press on because we can, and that'll do.
Best to all,
Scott
August 23, 2021 03:01AM
Hello Scott,

I really appreciate your response. Thank you. Please don’t give up on the airguns. I have the skills, tools, drawings, diagrams, and have quite a few under build.

Your note was encouraging to me. Thank you.

Please stop back.

Gary
August 30, 2021 02:48PM
Just occurred to me.
For myself, I’d consider a good 6’ to 8’ of free space under (telephone poles, 8 by 8 if you have $$. Or, depending upon the amount of usage, shipping containers on masonry. Or on posts if you have lift capacity, or dirt berms.

And a small outboard. Hah

Gary

Best of long term luck.
August 30, 2021 09:15AM
Howdy Scott
Yes I can only imagine trying to build on a flood plane . EPA,DEQ,DNR plus permits! THEN if your lucky maybe you could submit a plan $$$$ . It’s extremely frustrating to say the least.
Living on a river with a couple acres is nice UNTIL it floods or you want to build . I myself don’t have the patience or the money to jump thru any more hoops. I do wish you luck though. Every man deserves his own little place to tinker .pushingarock

Goo bless

Thanks
Kurt
September 01, 2021 04:13AM
Thanks guys. Just got word from the engineers that I need to raise the property 5' with "engineered fill" (translation; thousands of layers of tightly compressed $100 bills) before I can build on it. $43k is the estimate. Just a touch more than I've got tucked in my shoe.
Shipping container you say?
September 02, 2021 02:26PM
Hi Scott,
That’s a real bummer. I’m sorry. I know you just want to get to work. It always takes longer to get ready to work than to do the job.

Will they let you build a pole barn with elevated floor? I think they might not be considered to be permanent structures and may have less rules.

You could build it to look like a big RV. Bolt truck wheels to the side. Put state stickers on the back. Get bumper stickers for the local Council People. Lots of COEXIST stickers. That sort of thing.

Hope you find a way. I think it’s gonna have something to do with not being considered Permanent. I’ve even seen old tractor trailer ... trailers used. They are huge. Put Cupolas on top for light. Just listen to Kurt and I. We will hook you up or get you arrested.

Gary
September 02, 2021 10:33AM
Hi Scott
I tried to get shipping containers ( conex ) (sea tainer ) they are water tight and only a couple thousand dollars delivered. They are temporary but could be permanent. My township a farming community wouldn’t allow them even though many neighbors had them . I lived in the flood plane and couldn’t add dirt or fill & wanted more safe ( water proof ) storage . Maybe it’s an option for your shop idea . They are pretty much the size of a semi trailer and perfect for storage. I even thought about stacking them but I do have access to a truck crane so it wouldn’t be too difficult.

Good luck !Help!

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021