Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hurricane issues

Hurricane issues
August 28, 2021 04:15PM
What's the word on the current hurricane and its impact on your area? News out here is all about fires and little on hurricane. Stay safe (and Dry).
Liked the beach jewelry, glad you have several business models and can work on them as your back/headaches/ spine/ etc. allow. Its a bitch growing old. My knees need replacing but I am holding off as long as I can with so much covid in hospitals. Even though I have had both vaccinations and eagerly waiting for a 3rd dose for additional protection. Like the knifes you post and the story behind there making and the different stages of work. I enjoy viewing the custom ones you did for me. Great engraving.
Gary L
Re: Hurricane issues
August 28, 2021 06:19PM
Thank you much Gary.

It appears the storm will be a couple of hours West of us. I really wish them all safety and min. damage. We all need a break.

Thank you for your empathy with the collection of issues I juggle. I also, am thankful I can make several kinds of dust and shavings. I’m really glad to hear that you enjoy your Barnes work. That brightens my mood. You know that I am, somehow; able to begin a project, and pick at it over time and thru valleys, and still have it follow its theme. Speaking of such, I’m thinking of doing another Jules Verne (around the World) Knife. I don’t think I can meet the 80 Days objective ....

Oh ... btw ... I’m looking for a refurbished laptop. Nothing fancy. I want to prepare simple catalogs of completed jewelry items. I’ll have to refurbish my dexterity with a laptop or tablet. I have an absurd number of pic and album files on my phone - yes and backed on the net ... so I guess Apple may integrate better but I’ve liked my IBM machines very much. I’m not picky. I want to make grids of finished work and paragraphs of text. We bought a replacement printer a short time back.

Glad you are protected. We are too. We have a good friend who was just moved to hospice. His lungs are beyond help. It’s so very very sad. He’s still here so I still pray. If you can, please remember him.

Yes, aging is harsh. Once you’ve spent a lifetime developing skills, you want to use them. Aging takes away your ability to please the people who used to be closer. The tools, the knowledge, the time, the desire, the expectations ... and then you drag your way to the site/shop/shed - what doesn’t hurt - aches. What doesn’t ache ... you forgot. Fuel low, tires soft, heat oppressive, battery weak to dead. By the time you get things in order, you just screw your hat on tighter, and begin ... How come the darned tires and batteries were fine up until you hit about 55. Haha.

Well, I can engrave a world where the tires are tight and the tank is full! Yayyyyy

Thanks for writing everyone. Please make the days better here. I enjoy your comments.

The other Gary!
Re: Hurricane issues
August 31, 2021 04:00PM
We lost our good friend. A terrible loss. Vaccine highly unlikely.

I wish all of you peace of mind in your decisions.

Best
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021