Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wow....leads quickly to incredible Inspiration!!! Amazes me. Another idea! Bet it will you too!

wow....leads quickly to incredible Inspiration!!! Amazes me. Another idea! Bet it will you too!
September 08, 2021 02:21PM
3B822AC6-5A92-4EA5-AFAB-F9DF1DA1966D.jpeg

Be honest now ... are you inspired?

I was taking a short break several days ago on the shop patio. I had a chair pulled back from the glass dining table. Was stretched out just watching the slide show in my mind, while Mr. Kitty kept me company. (Quick side bar. A petite bedraggled black long haired kitten showed up here about 9 months ago. Obviously abused. Half starved. Weighed no more then a starling. I began feeding it. It was wild as the old west. Terrified at its shadow. I applied the Gary Kat Whisperer program. Now I can pet it (not lift or hug it) but it’s stable now. I named it Missy .... until about four months later Missy turned out to be Mr. And so it remains. He’s become 100% loyal to me. Lays at the shop kitchen door all day. And he was on this day).

I “came to from my mind’s eye’s slide show, and realized I’d fixated on a dried leaf under the table. And then I saw it! I saw why, and smiled in recognition.

E35D9D58-4B6F-4D9E-850F-109EE6E8139A.jpeg

You’ll remember, by now; my fascination in Pareidolia (Noticing images in random patterns). Well, I saw a doozie. Do you? I’ve helped you by enclosing the spots and specks that intrigued me. I won’t make you suffer. And don’t give up. This is a great one leading to a product!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2021 07:53PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: ....leads quickly to incredible Inspiration!!! Amazes me. Bet it will you too!
September 08, 2021 02:31PM
Listen, I have an appt. I thought I had more time when I started this post but it all fought me. Please come back. It’s special!

Gary
Re: ....leads quickly to incredible Inspiration!!! Amazes me. Bet it will you too!
September 08, 2021 03:06PM
Green bowing Looks like a giant slug creeping across your patio . Or two butterflys fighting

Thanks
Kurt
September 08, 2021 06:41PM
Ah ... Kurt!!! I see you have a GIFT for Pariedolia! Haha. Shucks everybody will get it now ..... hehe
September 08, 2021 07:25PM
Ok ... here’s what I saw ... right from the beginning. I put index card on knee, and drew it out.

E5C66513-F0CF-41FF-A931-AD6E81D0E729.jpeg

D5F43D89-E761-45C3-A0B8-CDFE6A988B5E.jpeg

Than augmented it.

I looked up Patriotic symbols from about 1780. I found the Star was one. And I found the Patric Henry quote. “Give me Liberty or Give me Death”. I was going for what I’d seen. A “Minuteman”. I read a bit about them.

CECEC61B-90A3-47D1-966B-DA613322E2AF.jpeg

Then I drew another one, just from memory. To see if I had the basics down.

F29F8C90-9220-42E9-9C39-FD78E30EEE9D.jpeg

I reduced the image with my phone.

Then I realized my bench was a hideous mess. By the time I’d cleaned it up, I found my drawing had become all smudged. Phewy. (Is that a Colonial word?)

Oh ... the Liberty or Death had to be carved in Mirror image on the Die. Thankfully I recalled that!!!

CFBF2CE2-F4B2-4FB8-BEDF-BA8664EAC174.jpeg

Draw again!

Reduce.

E3F974D8-2C30-490F-BA92-8C1D0CF70929.jpeg

Keep Carving ...

7712E367-00EA-4655-9016-4E6268362361.jpeg

Keep at it
September 08, 2021 07:41PM
A couple of the Drawings Vs. Carving are out of order. It’s so complicated with all these pics and text. Hope you can recognize what I’m trying to share with you.
I thought it was neat to go from a dried up leaf with some speckles in the concrete. And, I didn’t just decide to draw a Minuteman. I actually followed the lines and highlights. The stuff was there!!!! Incredible!!

That’s always blown me away. The image won’t just make suggestions. The details are mostly there. You can’t zoom in on the raw pixels you see cause the shadows will change. You can’t just darken of lighten before you take the pic. You have to take the pic. That’s the set of data that spoke to you. THEN YOU CAN darken, enlarge, alter that image and your data will remain relative to the suggested pic.

If you follow and if you do the process, you will be amazed what I saw here. And the Pareidolia Minuteman is coming to life in a cut Tool Steel die!!!

Gary
Re: wow....leads quickly to incredible Inspiration!!! Amazes me. Another idea! Bet it will you too!
September 13, 2021 02:06AM
That's very cool!
I didn't see the detail at first. But going back after seeing your drawing, I see it!

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 38
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021