Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Carved in Tool Steel - take a bow

Carved in Tool Steel - take a bow
September 10, 2021 03:54AM
895C1BCD-B6E1-4B6B-8962-A134F3A9DD7E.jpeg

Comments?

The Star says “Liberty or Death”

Do you find stories and work like this if interest? I started with a dry leaf and some speckles in concrete aggravate.

I’ve now developed, drawn, and relief carved the design. After heat treating, I’ll be able to make impressions of this Artwork for the next few hundred years.
Re: Carved in Tool Steel - take a bow
September 10, 2021 04:02AM
I’ll develop the artwork into products. BD86AA3E-ECF6-4014-A722-E9E24829A731.jpeg

This is the 180 degree negative image making up the Tool Steel die. If you were me, what conclusions would you draw from the feedback?

See you tomorrow. Thanks very much.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2021 04:05AM by barnespneumatic.
September 10, 2021 12:24PM
Gary
I can’t believe how quickly you made that happen . From idea to production die . It looks great . When you press the first one out , it has to be very exciting. I’d find it had to stop without a test piece right away . I believe you’ll need a larger die cabinet now too !
I’ll never for a tour you gave a couple of us at one of your shoot -outs a few years ago .
I just wanted to stay at the die cabinet at keep exploring your pieces. They are some of the coolest tooling I’ve ever seen .

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks
Kurt
September 10, 2021 03:13PM
Thanks Kurt,

You know what it’s like to work Steel. Make it do what you want. That’s much of your appreciation of my steel carving. It’s real nice to hear a professional like your work.

Gary
September 13, 2021 02:01AM
That detail is amazing.
How large is it?

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 37
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021