Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Christmas

Christmas
December 25, 2021 07:24PM
I hope you are all having a Blessed Christmas.

Despite 48 years of Professional experience, I was up til midnight Christmas Eve ... finishing gifts. I’ve worked long days every day I had Shingles. I don’t recommend either. Ha. But the show must go on. Consider: the gifts had to be nice but there wasn’t a lot of math, precise milling, vile chemicals, etc. involved. Even so; was a bummer. I’ve completed about 20 gifts so far.

The Shingles are drying up, but pain continues. It’s a nasty nerve/muscle pain. My balance sucks and somehow this makes it worse.

Hope you’ve had a nice day with people who care for you. We care for you here. Yes; I wish I was what I used to be. It’s darned cruel.

This year, for the Gents ... “Dump Trays” for pocket stuff. Made of Spalted Live Oak from our property. For the Gals, Ring and Ear Stud keepers. Live Oak and Mahogany.

Plus some Jewelry.

You be careful. It’s been nice hearing from some of you. Thank you sincerely.

God Bless
Gary
D4C26072-2ED7-4588-803A-4EF110902DEC.jpeg
91163887-3E4D-4CB9-832C-CF97D647E352.jpeg
Re: Christmas
December 26, 2021 08:22PM
THREAD REOPENED!!!

Sorry, I must have bumped the button. Too easy to do.

Please comment if desired. Hope you have a great Christmas! I was working til midnight Christmas Eve. Back Hip and Leg killing me. And the front end of my Golf Cart transport broke a leaf spring! The cart has been SO VERY HELPFUL!!! But I had to hoof up and down the lane, dragging my leg behind me; for the final push of the Season. That REALLY made me miss the cart.

Don’t know if I ever said; the last set of Xrays I had showed the back considerably worse - with Scoliosis in two directions. This creates not only pain, but the sensation that my right leg is considerably shorter. That sensation along with equilibrium issues, is great fun. With the Covid madness affecting appointments and Drs. Availability ... I took it on myself to manufacture a shoe orthopedic insert, which compensated for the unequal stance of one leg and the corresponding twisted/leaning of my torso. A look in a full length mirror, caused a snap repeat glance, at my leaning twisted stature. The wedge, lift, pad I created, helps tremendously. It provides arch support and a one inch lift to one leg. I experimented with stance compensation. That actually yielded a projected 1 1/2” lift need. But since I realized “Self Correction” is a bit out of the ordinary ... I started with 1” which fit neatly inside the shoe. And that corrected the sensation that I was going to fall off the world.

It helped with the stance, pain, and stride - to such an extent ... that I bought a brand new duplicate pr. of shoes and duplicated the wedge/lift for that new shoe of the new pr. So .. I have Work and Dress Orthopedics. And since I seem to degrade faster then I heal ... I may continue needing my services before I go thru the regular system.
At Christmas, everybody was taller or nearly so, then I. I used to be 6’3”. As I’ve shrunk, they’ve grown. Hah. I did a lot of looking “across and looking up” this season.

Thanks for reading!

Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2021 08:40PM by barnespneumatic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021