Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

typing YOUR OPINIONS requested. cooler

typing YOUR OPINIONS requested. cooler
February 25, 2022 04:03PM
These topics are critical to the future trail of Barnes’ Work. We’ve been together for decades. Please participate and help me with your insight and opinions. The information you discuss may be the very piece of information I haven’t considered.

First ... the obvious. “Airgun Forum”. Long time no airguns. Fact: any information provided will be useless if not honest, and no “discussion” is only one sided. Truth: year after year, it was the shooting afield, of myself and perhaps Jim and Jerry. Tofazfu, Neil, Kent, and Kurt ... which was written up and enjoyed. The material was extremely interesting. We devoted days afield and hours in prep of pics and stories. We even went afield on hunts and documented them. It was fun for readers. Fun for us. But it seldom promoted discussion and conversation. As years passed, new Producers of such entertainment came, shared, became discouraged at the lack of response, and left. As in ... gone. Bye bye. It was a regrettable loss each time. And I was left to pick up and produce fun new material alone. What’s the answer to this issue. We have never cut out the product of other makers or companies.

As time passed, commercial guns have come along. That was natural. Maybe that is why I could post a finished Barnes 50 cal Outryder For Sale; at $4,500, that’s half the price of a Circa 1999 50 Cal, and still have it for sale. “Well, you never reduced the price.” It’s not my fault that commercial guns arrived. That has nothing to do with a fine Barnes Handmade. I’m not playing a race to the bottom game. What I make, I price fairly ... once. Those who own Barnes should appreciate that. It makes the value of your collectibles as stable as I can influence. You’ll never see a copy of your Barnes, for half price (from Barnes. And owners should capitalize from that too. Realize you own a worthy item. Never waste that).

So; if people don’t want to put in the effort to shoot. If they don’t care to post. If (as Collectors), they cool off of Collecting; then why does Barnes bear the weight of adding new products, of exploring new skills, of marketing new worthy collectibles. I get chastised with: “You are Barnes, you make Airguns.” Even having made Custom Knives since 1974, I sense a bit of sad, when I’m not making guns. Just one line only: Guns require a degree of concentration and focus that isn’t there day after day, due to my Chronic Pain levels.

I just spent 4 hours posting Die Struck Jewelry. If you knew the skill level needed to make the Presses, Rolling Mills, Dies, Punches, and Hand Engraving ... you’d never be able to do casually pass by. I don’t think I even got one comment. Costs nothing to comment. Toss in the Annealing, Expanding, Sanding, Etching, Polishing ...much less designing ... and there’s a few things there to appreciate. No purchase required. Question: what am I missing there. I add in that keeping the business alive to do other things is of value. If you’d developed these skills and were born with “An idea a day” brain, would you go to apply at Lowe’s? Maybe. Seems a shame. Fifty years of ideas with the skills and tools to make each one from scratch ... reduced to “Nails are on Isle 16 ... let me show you those.” Comments?

The questions and comments are real. No names were used so you have no idea who is being talked about. What would you make. How would you show and market them ... if you were not a computer genius. And no, a table at the Farmer’s Market doesn’t work. Etsy has 65,000,000 Vendors. Amazon Handmade the same. It’s a race to the bottom with those. People won’t spend $10 until they have seen ALL THE CHOICES. The big thing is it’s impossible to even find encouragement. You make a complex item from scratch. Post it. Can’t even get a comment on it. What is wrong? Where does the thing break down?

I’d sincerely value reading your friendly comments.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2022 04:23PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: typing YOUR OPINIONS requested. cooler
March 09, 2022 10:03PM
Gary,

Would like to see the guns for sale, can't find them thanks
March 10, 2022 12:30AM
Hello Greg,

I’ll find and gather materials as able. The only ready to go gun is the #6 Outryder 50 Caliber, which I made as a sale program several years back. This has a Swing Breech. It’s stocked in Mahogany and Chemically blued. Search for “50 Caliber Outryder” or “50 Caliber Outrider”.

I do also have a used gun I acquired. A 50 Caliber Smooth Bore that can shoot several different custom slugs, and buckshot/birdshot customer wrapped shot cartridges. So this Barnes would do best by purchasing the Barnes Shop test casting slug molds I tested it with. The gun will push the lightest Barnes 50 Caliber Slug over 1,000 FPS.

I have a Customer Owned Nebula 2 in 25 Caliber. That is a bolt feed rifle. It has a Color Laminated Stock with a futuristic feel to the design. It’s a Beautiful Rifle.

There is one more shop test gun in raw steel. Currently barreled in a long format 87 Caliber Smooth Bore.

I can try to make a presentable showing of the guns if you tell me which might most interest you.

Thank you for asking. I wish I had presentable existing posts for each. At this time, it hasn’t been prepared. It’s a lot of effort to make these up.
Best
Gary
March 10, 2022 03:33PM
Thanks Gary,

I tried to search and it just kept coming back to these posts. When ever you have time works and start with whatever is the easiest to get a picture of.

Best Greg
March 11, 2022 02:42PM
I’ll start a new thread with links to Outryder 50 pages Greg.

Here’s the start ...

[www.airgunrendezvous.com]

Thank you
Gary
March 14, 2022 06:22PM
Thanks Gary,

I tried 50 caliber and outrider ( outryder) was the trick! Thanks for putting it together
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021