Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can you See it??? 97A. Almost there.

Can you See it??? 97A. Almost there.
April 14, 2022 10:48PM
It’s looking good and working out well.
Sorry for the delay. It’s been a painful couple of weeks.

B7625D19-E552-43F3-9F7B-A916F6F146FF.jpeg

I hope you like it. Great Coil Spring Auto Side Open

Comments?

There is so much to a fine Automatic that doesn’t meet the eye. Such as the blade being mounted on a Tool Steel hub. Each end of the hub is inlet into the frame. There is a lot of machining in such a Knife. It’s well worth the ticket. $750 ... plus mail and insurance charge. Forget what I said. I will look back.

Before I ramble on, let’s please have a bit of conversation. I’ll finish it pretty quickly now. It will work like all the 97A series.

Thks
Gary
Re: Can you See it??? 97A. Almost there.
April 19, 2022 01:20PM
All the parts now!

Final assembly and tuning.

Don’t forget to participate plz. I’d like to know which of my “Handle Materials and Treatment” do you enjoy most? Carving? Inlay? Mosaic? It’s a question that needs to be answered whenever I speculate. I know from nearly fifty years that most people buy the handle - and the rest comes with it. Ha. It’s true. If not with you, please chat.

Hey, what do you guys think of my “Expedition Cases?” You know, like the ones with the Stamp Art Hunting Scene. The old Classic Car Scene. The Countryside theme. You have a lot of history with me by now. Would you care to give me some feedback please? I’d appreciate it.

I have several purposes for maintaining the forum here. I would like to continue providing news and comment regarding items I manufacture. Of course, I need to sell items. Therefore; I ask feedback to determine what item may interest you enough to purchase. I want you to “enjoy” items that you might also use.

Please keep in mind that many of you have known me for years now. I’ve had to compensate for the changes that have been forced on me. When and as required, I’ve worked on smaller items. At times on simpler items. But there’s no point in making what you don’t care to see or own. I’m not happy that my strength and endurance is diminished now. But a point I strive to drive home is this: the smaller items do not represent a compromise in quality or in worthiness. When the whole of my life’s work is laid out ... it won’t be eight thousand copies of the same item ... in the same color. The index won’t be one line. And the quality of items won’t diminish from Heirloom items downward toward cartoonish truck stop cigarette lighters. There will an amazing variety of items ... all of which are of quality build.

This forum has been up for many years now. If you look back, I’ll bet you’ve forgotten that twenty years ago I made certain items or used a discipline of ornamentation that you have forgotten about. So: these couple of threads have been written to jog memories and ask what you have seen in the past that you may enjoy seeing again. Or what item I made that you be prepared to own.

Thanks for your friendship. Thanks for reading.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021