Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Happy, Happy

Happy, Happy
December 20, 2008 11:34PM
I attempted ... and successfully copied the Hard Drive from one of my old Apple computers. Yeah!!! I had one which had taken a lightening strike. Burned out the ethernet modem. bummer. So ... I'd had all sorts of stuff locked up in there.

I bought a 500 Gig Remote Hard drive. Back the PC stuff - couple of older computers. But ... I just never thought the thing would interface with an old Mac operating system. It did! I'm really pleased. I had thousands and thousands of pic files I just got access to again.

Now ...l maybe it will talk to the oldest Mac the kids fiddle with ... and I can get the stuff off that too. We're going back to the Jurasic Period now .... thumbs up

Gary
Re: Happy, Happy
December 21, 2008 07:08PM
Gary,

Those externals are GREAT! I bought one for JR. and think I'll get one for myself. Tried to get one for Christmas but for some strange reason Santa thinks I have this huge old stove that burns coal and I can't afford to buy my own fuel???? I guess he's getting old?
December 21, 2008 07:54PM
Must be so Lon,

Cause I know you've been good. whistling

Gary

I got the My Book from Staples. Must be "Idiot Proof" ... worked for me. cooler
December 21, 2008 08:15PM
Best prices are at Newegg. Quick shipping too.

-- Jim
December 21, 2008 08:37PM
I missed something. What's the "My Book?" Is that the program that manages the backup from one computer to the hard drive? All this talk of back-ups has me nervous! And my computer is running a RAID set-up that takes one hard drive and copies (mirrors) it to another just for security....
December 21, 2008 08:38PM
Oh, if anyone was wondering, yes this is airgun related. Gary has about a zillion airgun pictures on those old computers and they must not be lost!
December 21, 2008 09:03PM
Jerry:

"MyBook" is backup software for people who don't know what RAID is, and probably don't wanna know. winking smiley And no, I don't mean the bug spray.

-- Jim

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2008 09:08PM by Jim.
December 21, 2008 09:06PM
December 21, 2008 09:16PM
Well .... 'cuse me surrender I've been wasting my life building orders instead of replacing my office equipment every 90 days. whistling

Redundant Array of Indep,... Isn't that those guys that are listening for ET out in the desert? electrified hehehe

Gary
December 21, 2008 09:30PM
Darn! I wanted to be the first to use the "surrender" smiley...sad smiley
December 21, 2008 09:44PM
Wait til you see what it uses as the "text" on the page for the surrender smilie .... hehehe
December 21, 2008 09:48PM
Ha! That's awesome!
December 21, 2008 10:36PM
I was waiting for someone to pick up on that . . . smileys with beer Yeah, it was me who snuck that in there.

-- Jim
December 22, 2008 10:40PM
RAID 0, 1 or 5.....?
December 22, 2008 07:13PM
Way To Go Jim..I Love It !rolling happy smiley

Rick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021