Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: More hunt pics ...

More hunt pics ...
October 02, 2008 07:43PM
BoarGary.jpg

My first Russian Boar ... taken with Tundra 45. 03 I believe. I actually brought this one down with a standing shot thru it's hind quarters @ 109 yards. I have a pic I'll dig out which I took thru the range finder lens. Second shot to finish it. 435 grain 45 Barnes slug.

109.jpg

I found that pic! I took it thru the lens of the range finder. Standing where I'd hit the hog, I ranged back to where I'd been standing when I took the shot. 109 yards. When I reacquired the hog after coming to this spot and tracking it down some, it was standing, with it's entire hind quarters red and wet. Not in a good mood at all, it actually charged toward me for a few heart stopping micro-seconds before veering off to the right. I'd sagged back into the hillside to take another shot, with those long bi-pod legs on the Tundra 45. It made a good platform, with me slumped back against the hillside. When I took the second shot, I swear, the sound of the strike was as if you't taken a wide board and smacked a pond surface as hard as possible. Very loud smack. The slug went thru diagonally, from just behind the shoulder gristle, thru, and out the far side ham. My bud thought I'd missed, because I shot and he saw a dirt plume on the other side of the hog. It had gone thru. Blood shocked a huge wound channel, and ruined the far ham! That's some power.

buff.jpg

My American Bison ... taken with Yukon II 58. A few years ago. 50 yard standing shot. Thru a rib on entry side. Thru top of the heart. Hit a rib on the opposite side ... turned, and I actually retrieved the slug under the skin on the opposite side. I'd heard the stories for years. Always was skeptical as to how people found slugs. I've actually done it with this Buff. and my deer.

buffalo_boar.jpg

And, the Boar and Bison served up at one of my invitational shoots. Yummmm.

Thanks for reading.

Gary

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2008 12:26PM by barnespneumatic.
October 03, 2009 01:46AM
O.M.G. GB. That food looks sooooooooooo good. Great pics and thanx for sharing
October 03, 2009 06:47PM
You're welcome Cedric. Looks good to me too ... now that you called attention to it again. I'd be pleased to share a meal with ya from a fine hunt like that. Someday. thumbs up

Gary
October 04, 2009 05:58AM
Great hunting shots (from the gun and the camera) in this post and the 2 belowthumbs up I'd like to get me a pig one time soon, and a bison, and a deer...!! OK, so the bison is out of the question, but the other two are possibilities in the fullness of time....excited
Regards
Neil
November 03, 2011 03:38AM
As Uncle Ted would say.." can't grill it... if you don't kill it"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021