Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A looong shot after tea

A looong shot after tea
November 02, 2011 07:56AM
I was cooking pizza for tea and wandered outside onto the back deck. There were quite a few rabbits on the hillside but at risk of burning tea and incurring the wrath of my family I controlled my instincts and went back inside to finish cooking. After serving up and bolting my food down I rushed off to the gun cabinet and pulled out the Falcon and my rangefinder.
I lasered the last remaining bunny at 123 yards, adjusted the scope knob and parallax and pulled the trigger. The bunny slumped down flat and then rolled off down the hill , kicking its final kicks.
Here's the view from behind the Falcon (sorry about the poor quality cellphone pics)...
Photobucket
the view back from where bunny expired
Photobucket
and bunny, expired..
Photobucket
With spring only just getting underway, I hope to get quite a few more from the back decksmiling smiley
Cheers
Neil
November 02, 2011 06:56PM
You're a killer Neil! What a shot. And, fresh from the cabinet to action ... very admirable.

Beautiful setting and home too. thumbs up

Well done,

Gary
November 02, 2011 08:22PM
Excellent looooooooong shot on the bunny Neil. WOW. i love those grounds. Lots of greenery and space.
November 03, 2011 04:38AM
Great shot Neil! No bunny should ever trek into your kill zone. Enjoy that beautiful weather.

Kent
November 03, 2011 07:20AM
Cheers guys! The weather has finally come right. We had our cloudiest October on record so it was nice to see things improving, though for that shot it was overcast and just starting to drizzle, but that meant almost no wind, hence the chance for a good long shot thumbs up
Regards
Neil
November 08, 2011 05:18PM
Excellent shooting Neil. You have dialed that gun in as well as anyone could. You're a one shot, one kill predator!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021