Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well, I had to shoot something!

Well, I had to shoot something!
February 27, 2009 06:02PM
With all this bad weather (after a cracker of a summer, so I can't really complain) I was getting impatient for lack of hunting but opportunity knocked and I shot this wee bunny off the back deck last evening. It was an easy shot at 25 yards with the Falcon but a neat and tidy headshot nonetheless.

For lack of anything else exciting hunting-wise, here's some other "shots" I've taken over the summer:
One of my 3 highland cattle on the horizon (no, I am NOT allowed to shoot him!)

Sunrise at our place

A native Kingfisher (Kotare) on top of our chimney..that beautiful blue colour is much more pronounced in flight (and NO, they are protected and can't be shot!)

Back on topic, I just heard yesterday that a pine tree covered peninsula directly across from my place, and about 10 minutes drive away, has a small population of fallow deer. I'm now finding out whether I can get permision for a big bore hunt there. Exciting prospect so close to home!
Cheers
Neil
Re: Well, I had to shoot something!
February 27, 2009 06:48PM
Neil,

How do you fix your rabbit? Dory
February 28, 2009 02:59PM
I apologize in advance .. but couldn't resist ..... more innocent

"I don't think that rabbit can be "fixed".

LOL!
February 27, 2009 07:31PM
Another bunny bites the dust. Beautiful photography, thanks for sharing.
February 27, 2009 08:44PM
Oh fine ... so now I'm sick again. What a stunning place.

Great pics.

Gary
February 27, 2009 08:56PM
Don't be down Gary, at least you know (kinda) someone who lives in paradise! I was watching a show the other night about mega-yachts...my inadequacy has never been so clear! Why can't I come up with any idea productive enough to yield me a 140 foot yacht that can go 70 knots?
February 27, 2009 09:07PM
Great shooting and pics . . . boy it's pretty there. And you have ultra-cool shaggy cows too! smileys with beer

-- Jim
February 27, 2009 09:35PM
some folks up the road from us had either that kind of cow, or someting very similar (I'm bovine challenged, but can fling the excrement....). Regardless, they are beautiful animals. Good to see some one is enjoying Divine handiwork.....
February 28, 2009 05:13PM
Thanks guys! Though it doesn't feel much like paradise right now, as the wind howls and the rains falls on this first day of our autumn....sad smiley

Dory, the bunny gets fed to the native harrier hawks. My wife is a lover of furry creatures and having them cooked up is not within contemplation. My executing of them is done quietly and with discretion, so that no sensitivities are offended. We have a healthy population of harrier hawks......

Off for my morning run now, in the stormgoogle eyes
February 28, 2009 07:34PM
Hi Neil,

Sad for you ... but guess that means Spring for us. And, it's about time too. Although, it's supposed to sleet and snow tonight.

Will be nice to get some more shooting in that doesn't suffer from the poor weather so much. Next thing you know ... we'll be baking in the War Wagon again. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Gary
March 01, 2009 04:09PM
Gary, I imagine you'll be installing air conditioning in the War Wagon next!grinning smiley

PS This evening was a nice one, so I wandered around the house and a hare and a bunny became hawk food, courtesy of the Falcon.
Soon it will be dark enough for possuming......and I'll get to shoot my big bores for these particularly tough Australian imports.
March 07, 2009 03:58PM
nice shooting and great photos neil. the pics are too cool.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021