Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Texas Hunt Day 5 Pics

Texas Hunt Day 5 Pics
November 17, 2011 04:31AM
Here are the fellas that found the buck. This is Marty on the left and Sergio on the right.
Marty Blackbuck.jpg

The shot was too far back and that combined with the revved up animal meant it didn't lie down as quickly. The shot was thru and thru and no slug was recovered.
Blackbuck Eric Kent.jpg

This is a great trophy and will be shoulder mounted. It is going to be completed in spring/summer 2012. What a great memory, two stalks, the follow up, the let down, and now the surprise jubilation of the find. WOW.
Blackbuck Eric Kent Grizzly.jpg

Thanks Eric and Gary for making it possible.
Blackbuck Eric Kent on Wall.jpg

Kent

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2011 12:57PM by Cajun Justice.
November 17, 2011 03:23PM
I just LOVE a happy ending ... a_whaaaaa.jpg

Looks like a GREAT trip. What an opportunity.

Thanks for doing the guns proud. Glad you enjoyed them. I'm sure they loved the trip!

Gary
November 18, 2011 03:18AM
Do the spirals on the blackbuck depend upon age. I know sheep rams exhibit annual rings. Do these shed or keep growing like sheep.

And where is everybody on this great thread?

Gary
November 18, 2011 05:42AM
I'm here! Great story, hunt and proving ground for that there Barnes creation! thumbs up
Cheers
Neil
November 18, 2011 04:18PM
What a great way to wrap it up! I'm glad you left Marty with a story too. A great hunt and lots of folks you enjoyed it, some there, some around the world. I'll bet Gary is about as giddy as a grown man gets! A hunt story with lots of pictures and multiple kills with Barnes guns! Good thing you remembered to put the holes in the barrel for these guns Gary...wink
November 18, 2011 09:00PM
Believe me, no one was more thrilled than me that the buck was found1"festive" I made sure that Marty and Sergio new how happy I was. I'll bet they thought I was nuts as they watched me crawl thru that cow pasture....TWICE. It was quite a roller coaster ride of emotion and adrenaline with each stalk and the find. I felt drained after pulling the trigger...BOTH TIMES. That's a kick!

As to the Blackbuck, Eric educated me on the fact that as a buck takes over a herd of does, its coat darkens to black. Seems the testosterone/melatonin surge does this in days if not hours. Pretty cool trick. Eric liked the looks of this buck particularly because of the spread of the horns. Yes, these are true horns and present 365 days a year.

This was the extent of my knowlege until now.

[en.wikipedia.org]

OOPS, did I just take a "near threatened" animal...oh only in India....whew!surprised

Kent
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021