Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Good start to a day off

Good start to a day off
March 17, 2012 06:06AM
I had Friday off to catch up on a few projects around the house (sound familiar Gary?). It was overcast (as usual) and pretty calm. I was about to get underway with cleaning out the spouting around 8.00 am and happened to look across the valley where I saw 3 hares playing. So I went and got the Falcon .22 and my rangefinder and settled down in my favourite sniping spot.
Photobucket
I lasered one of the hares at 125 yards, dialed in the distance on the scope knob , adjusted the parallax and let fly. Mr Hare dropped on the spot..that's him mid-picture...sorry I didn't get a close up but I was keen on getting on with my work so I didn't make the trip across the valley...
Photobucket
and by the afternoon was hawk fodder (the hawk was shy of me taking pictures even at 125 yards and departed before I could capture him in the act....he left a smear of hare fur across the site of the kill....
Photobucket
I got on with my project satisfied with one less pest and a well fed local hawk.
Cheers
Neil
Re: Good start to a day off
March 17, 2012 04:03PM
Another great shot Neil. I hope the hawks around your place don't get lazy and lose their own skills!
March 19, 2012 05:15PM
Thanks Jerry. The local hawks have done pretty well out of me over the years. I counted 6 in the air at the same time one day a little while back. Recently one did several close fly-bys checking out whether our pug puppy was fair game! Luckily the big white boxer was nearby and saved the day...
Cheers
Neil
March 19, 2012 09:50PM
Hi Neil,

Sorry I'm late. It's been a real fun time round here. Then, Kelly was away for 9 days. Pizza boxes knee deep ... you know. hahah.

Looks like I'd sure hate to be a furry little bunny rabbit anywhere within a bunch of miles from you. excited

Your pics are always so clear. Nice camera and work there.

Always jealous of all that walking around room ya have.

Stay safe. Hope the family are all very well.

thumbs up

Gary
March 20, 2012 07:09PM
Hi Gary
Thanks for your kind words.
You have had some major projects on the go, among other things, so I'm not surprised you haven't been so prolific on the Forum just lately. Hope you are getting things under control!
Cheers
Neil
March 20, 2012 08:08PM
Thanks Neil,

Got the injections again today. Went OK except it's been painful the last two times. Probably partly because i've been working harder then recommended. The Doc and I talked this am before the proceedure. I mentioned I've had to do some things around the house and he took it to mean yard work because the weather is nice. I said maintenance work I've not been able to hire people to do. And, I got the same "look" I always get. Evidently, for everyone else; there are trucks lined up in their driveway seeking work. He's a fine fellow, I always feel like a fool whenever I try to explain that nobody will bid the jobs I need to perform.

And so; it goes on. Progress in Gary Land. thumbs up
October 21, 2012 06:46PM
very nice mate...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021