Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: hunting season and new shooter arrived

hunting season and new shooter arrived
September 07, 2012 12:32PM
sept 1 was the opener for squirrel here in ny. haven't been out yet. yesterday, the new shooter came, a 25 caliber condor.got up early today and put her together and mounted a scope and got her boresighted (gotta love a removeable rear bottle) waiting for the wife to wake up so i can go get the gun on paper in the backyard range(NOT touching this thing off while she is asleep, i know better!) going to sight in with kodiaks and go for some tree rats this evening. i have a 110 gram hammer and heavier spring to drop in it and i need to get some of mr jerry's slugs for her for the upcoming coyote season.(if you read this, please shoot me a pm mr. jerry!)i just got my two scuba tanks filled yesterday so i'm good to go for the weekend.i also got a variety of pellets to try in her, but past experience gives the nod towards kodiaks. this squirrel hunt will just be to get blood on her, then she's going dedicated predator hunt gun with cast heavies.i'm hoping it all goes as planned, we shall see, heck today is friday so i can shoot crows as well, will post pics later.
September 08, 2012 03:24AM
Hello Grizzly,
Nothing like the excitement of a new PCP and the plans to go shooting. I sincerely hope it's accurate and you enjoy it a ton.
I suspect Kodiaks will do well - they usually do. Sort of a default design that always does well.
Please post some pics.
Have a great time!
Gary
September 08, 2012 05:03AM
Welcome aboard Griz.

Condor hit like a hammer according to the Internet.shooter Until you get some VERY heavies from Jerry, Kodiaks have always been a great performer.

Try to get some pictures.

Lon
September 09, 2012 03:14AM
Good luck with the new rig. I'm looking forward to seeing some good hunting pics. No doubt the heavy weight Barnes' from Surefire will be coyote magic.

Kent
September 09, 2012 11:53PM
Welcome aboard! You have a PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021