Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: a couple with the talondor

a couple with the talondor
September 27, 2012 01:00PM
chuck was at 74 yards. the crow was at 122 yards. these are a few weeks old. the gun i s a 25 caliber with a green mountain pb barrel on it. the slugs were some handcast that a buddy gave me to try. they gave acceptable accuracy to 150yds, but they were roundnose and i would be hesitant to use them to hunt anything larger as they just zip right through. he's making me up some soft cast flat nose to try out next. this gun has been sitting for a few weeks and i've been playing with the latest 25 condor with factory 24 in barrel. on power level 0 its shooting 55fpe with jsb kings. as soon as i get some spare cash i'm going to order some heavies from jerry to try in it. the bird in this pic is getting tuned to shoot bullets. thats why it has a 257 barrel on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2012 01:16PM by grizzlyadams.
chuck.jpg
chuck3.jpg
chuck2.jpg
crow.jpg
September 28, 2012 10:41PM
Looks like it's all working for you. Glad to see you out enjoying it.

I'm sure the Condor people are pleased to see your product reports.

Gary
October 18, 2012 02:56AM
You should be very happy with the 257 barrel. its a whole nother beast with that caliber as opposed to the 251 cal
October 21, 2012 06:44PM
very nice hunting mate
April 08, 2014 06:10PM
this gun has since been changed back to a standard 22 with high flow.i sold the barrel off and am in the process of acquiring another 257 barrel at 28 inches and a condor ss frame for it. then a custom valve is in order. just need to get back to work and get some money together next month
April 11, 2014 04:26AM
Good Luck!

Hope it turns out good for you. Enjoy!

thumbs up

Gary
October 31, 2014 07:07PM
There really isn't any good substitute for barrel length to get good power from an airgun, is there?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021