Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: White Tail

White Tail
December 27, 2012 07:33PM
I had a chance to use my .50 cal air rifle last week. The rifle is not a Barnes, but it works to keep meat in the freezer. She weighed about 150# before dressing out.
Resize of Rotation of 20121219_174331.jpg
December 27, 2012 11:37PM
right on nice shooting ! Did she just tip over or did you track it for a while?I still haven't killed large game with an air gun yet but someday soon

Thanks
Kurt
December 28, 2012 02:16AM
She collapsed after 40 yards.
I shot one ealier in the season and she dropped where she stood. It allowed me to shoot a second one in the group who also only ran a few yards. We should have about 9 months worth of good meat between the 4 I have taken this year. (2 of them were quite small.)
December 28, 2012 04:44AM
Hi Scott, nice kill and a good healthy load of meat for the freezer. There are quite a few of us who take part in this forum who shoot with other than Garry's fine airguns. What I and no doubt a few others would like to know is rifle type, slug weight/design and shot placement. Also a photo of your gun, it's alway's nice to see some airgun candy. Danny.
December 28, 2012 06:08AM
OTHER??? Sputter ..... stunned ..... other ?????

SCOTT!!!! why me

laughing

More coffee

Fine ... go ahead. I've "heard" there were other guns ... but ...... wink
January 16, 2013 02:52AM
Way to go Scott, always a trophy when you use a short range gun to effectively hunt game. fudd

Kent
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021