Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rubbish Video knucklehead

Rubbish Video knucklehead
March 15, 2009 09:07PM
Very poor I'm afraid sad smiley
Got 4 but only managed to get this one on video, and you only just see the kill . Camera was trying to focus on the hedge, and it looked alot worse on the camera screen than it was. It was luck really that the rabbit was in the frame......knucklehead
Very easy shot at about 25-30 yards.

Re: Rubbish Video knucklehead
March 15, 2009 11:02PM
I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. We saw the shot and we've got an idea of the terrain you hunt. Thanks for posting.
March 15, 2009 11:16PM
Hi Paul,

When you go out and do things, you find all the annoying things that try to mess ya up. Good job. thumbs up And thanks for posting.

fudd

Gary
March 16, 2009 01:31AM
good shot regardless.
March 16, 2009 05:15AM
Great post, tell us about he others that didn't get away! I just read today about the dropping number of small game hunters and the reader reminded the magazine that marketing plays a big roll in what hunters seek. There has been a drought in the hunting mags about small game. I think sometimes we are guilty of the same. Let's all post some small game hunt stories and pics/videos. Makes me wish I was in the southwest so I would have some jackrabbits to chase. I'll be looking for some pest species to go after.

Thanks again for the post,

Kent
March 16, 2009 02:01PM
Kent,

You might be able to import some big rats or groundhogs into your area. I suspect your fellow landowners would appreciate the effort! hehhe.

Just trying to help! grinning smiley

Gary
March 16, 2009 06:50AM
Hehehe. Got the general idea...adds to the reality of it all!
This similarly rough movie taken on a small digital camera by a friend recorded my first big bore kill, a small goat using my 909. Captures the thrill of the hunt!
March 16, 2009 02:06PM
Hey Neil,

"Nasty Beasty" indeed! Those things will rip ya up proper!! grinning smiley

Nice job! And ya lived to hunt another day. Thanks for the post;

Gary
March 16, 2009 05:01PM
Gary, I was referring to the 909, not the poor wee goat!!rolling happy smiley........this was the first time my hunting companions had been exposed to a big bore airgun, and they were amazed how it knocked the goat over....I think one of them says "That sat down quick" or something similar.
March 16, 2009 05:48PM
Neil,
That goat that dropped on the spot took a Barnes Raptor didn't he? smoking smiley
March 16, 2009 07:07PM
Sure did Jerry!fudd
March 16, 2009 11:17AM
Thanks guys.
Other 3 rabbits, shooter had LOS but the camera operator did not angry smiley
Still got to get the camera mounted on the rifle, things will be somewhat easier then...

Thanks for the post Neil. Mmmmmm bigboregrinning smiley
March 16, 2009 05:00PM
Paul, all I can say about a big bore is don't touch one...as soon as you do it's all overspinning smiley sticking its tongue out and you'll never be the same again!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021