Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Outrider 50 in the field

Outrider 50 in the field
December 21, 2014 09:44PM
It is now proven that the Outrider 50 is an awesome machine. This doe was taken at 70 yards. I thought it was only 50, but it was a significant angle downhill and lasered at 70 after I collected the prize. I have it sighted in at 35 yards and held over just the right amount.
She ran for a short distance before lying down after the double lung shot with the Barnes .50 cal Heavy slug. The pellet seater works great with all 3 sizes of pellets for this rifle. It had a 2800 psi fill.
The scope is a Centerpoint "couldn't find one cheaper" 6x32 scope. It was what I had available when the rifle arrived. Clearly it works!

2014 Doe.jpg

Scott
Re: Outrider 50 in the field
December 21, 2014 10:03PM
Hi Scott,

Excellent shot placement. You need to be careful before posting a picture like this one. Please send Gary a PM giving him a heads up, otherwise he could have a nervous breakdown. I'm kidding. Great post and thanks for sharing your story with us.

Julio
December 21, 2014 11:30PM
Thanks Scott!

I'm laying down with a cold wash cloth on my head ... Hahaha.

Thanks Julio. Scott did warn me so I could sit down ... Haha.

More later .... Family.

Wow! It worked! You CAN shoot them!!!! Oh .... Whoooooyie .... injured

Gary
December 22, 2014 03:52AM
Nice work there Scott, thanks for posting the photo and the story. Was it a through-and-through shot, or did you recover the slug when you dressed it out?
December 22, 2014 09:30AM
Way to shoot Scott . Looks like you got her right in the engine room ! Did she tip right over for you ? Thanks for posting . I can't wait to get mine !( Outrider)
December 22, 2014 10:52PM
Great shooting! Nice to see a Barnes in the field (besides Gary looking for splats)!
December 23, 2014 03:13AM
Thanks form the comments. It is a small doe and the shot went through and through. She ran a short distance before falling. The downhill shot made it seem shorter than it actually was. Hopefully I'll haven a chance at another one this weekend.

Scott
December 23, 2014 09:38PM
Another one!!' excited. You had TWO bullets!!!??

What about all the Airgunsmiths and Charm Braclet makers that only see deer on the road shoulders late at night! Hehe.

Have fun. Hope to see a pic.

Gary
December 23, 2014 11:08AM
Good luck and don't forget to keep us posted.skeet
December 24, 2014 04:40PM
Great shooting Scott! Great to see Barnes in actionthumbs up
Cheers
Neil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021