Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Easter is hare...

Easter is hare...
April 01, 2010 07:45AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, over hare it is Easter Eve, and while I was winding down for the long weekend and having a post-work chat with my wife, I spotted two hares flirting on the hillside across from my place. I waited patiently until my dearest went off to do something at the other end of the house (she isn't big on me killing furry things) and I sneaked off and got the Falcon out.
One of the hares wasn't to be seen, so I lasered the remaining one at 114 and 116 yards (the rangefinder couldn't make up its mind) and I settled for 115 yards and dialed that in on the scopeknob. The next tricky bit was to get sighted in, resting in a wonky Caldwell Tack Driver, half hanging off the bench seat next to my outdoor table. I had to shoot through that triangle of flax leaves just above the pool fence railing, centre picture:
Photobucket
Here's another view of the setup:
Photobucket
Well, all went to plan and the 15.9 grain slug dropped my harey friend on the spot. Maybe you can pick him centre picture in this shot
Photobucket
Zoomed in on digital zoom (yuk, blurry!)
Photobucket
and hare it is, up close and personal
Photobucket
Unhappy Easter for that hare, but Happy Easter to all of you!
Cheers
Neil
Re: Easter is hare...
April 01, 2010 03:35PM
Beautiful Neil.

I'm sure everyone tells you this a lot, but your place is fantastic.

How fast is your falcon shooting? Ultimately that's only part of the equation though. You sure do know your guns and can make them do what they're supposed to. Thanks for sharing.
April 01, 2010 04:18PM
So; Neil ...

You're disclosing that your wife is unaware that you are secretly a trained rodent assassin? shooter

Seems you've learned your deadly craft well. bowing -- Far East

Gary
April 01, 2010 06:28PM
Griffin, thanks, I count myself as pretty lucky to live where I do!
The Falcon shoots JSB's at around 865 fps, so that's about 26 fpe at the muzzle and 11.9 fpe when it hit Mr Hare, according to Chairgun...

Gary, yes it's true , my hunting exploits are not discussed, "what happens on the hunt stays on the hunt"! Julie knows I go out for a "wander" with my gun and sometimes asks if I have killed anything when I return, and I laugh it off and marital harmony is maintainedsmiling smiley She knows I shoot "at" furry pests but really does not want to know any more than that, and that works for mefudd.

Cheers

Neil
April 01, 2010 11:08PM
Sounds like a great arrangement Neil. Nice shooting!
April 02, 2010 06:58PM
Jerry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds like a great arrangement Neil. Nice
> shooting!
Thanks Jerry. Yes the arrangement works out well. I don't think it would stretch to shooting from the lounge thoughrolling happy smiley
April 02, 2010 08:13PM
Neil,

That's right ... "A man's got to know his limitations". bowing

Just best that way ...

Kelly thinks I'm an accountant.

thumbs up

Gary
April 02, 2010 01:26AM
Nice shooting Neil! You are truly a rabbit sniper. Man, I've always dreamed of having a backyard to hunt and test out the guns like yours. One of this day when I hit the lottery.....he.he..
April 02, 2010 07:01PM
peter-n Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice shooting Neil! You are truly a rabbit sniper.
> Man, I've always dreamed of having a backyard to
> hunt and test out the guns like yours. One of
> this day when I hit the lottery.....he.he..

Cheers Peter. I'm waiting for the lottery so's I can get me a Barnes!!whistling
April 02, 2010 08:14PM
I'm waiting for the lottery ... so I can retire. self-hammer
April 06, 2010 02:42AM
Great hunt post Neil!!! I love the Easter theme.more innocent Your shot was outstanding. bowing So much more impressive than a firearm that wouldn't demand perfect shot placement for a clean kill. Hey, the rabbits up here do a back flip when disconnected from their higher centers, do they do a front flip down under? Inquiring minds want to know!

Kent
April 06, 2010 08:01AM
Hehe, Kent, the coriolis effect wasn't evident in this particular case, the hare just dropped onto its side and that was itnot lookin' good
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 34
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021