Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New .50 cal

New .50 cal
January 27, 2009 12:11AM
OK, here it is. I took delivery a couple of weeks ago and am in the process of scoping it and doing a few tests. It is running at just over 300 fpe at present with 455 grain slugs, with 5 good shots.

You may recognise it from the Yellow Forum...C0222 posted there about it recently. He is a New Zealander living in Auckland (at the other end of the country to me) and I asked him to build me a more powerful version of one he had posted about in May 2008.
Test /target results in due course.
Cheers
Neil
Re: New .50 cal
January 27, 2009 01:25AM
That's a pretty cool looking gun Neil. That's a pretty hefty slug you're shooting too. I look forward to reading the stats...
January 27, 2009 01:16PM
Looks great Neil. I like the hammer cocking mechanism. thumbs up

-- Jim
February 07, 2009 11:00PM
Very nice neil. Cant wait to hear more about it.
February 12, 2009 04:17AM
Neil,

Great gun! Scope that thing and lets see some shooting. Hope to see this one on the hunting forum as well..

What exactly are you feeding that monster, custom slugs or off the shelf?

Kent
February 12, 2009 06:26PM
Thanks Kent
I got Jerry to cast me up some Lee mold slugs, R.E.A.L's in 260 and 320 grain, and Minies in 360 grain. The gun manufacturer also supplied me with some 455 grain slugs, also from a Lee mold. Haven't managed any serioius target shooting yet, still settling on a scope, but so far the 260's appear quite accurate, and while the 455's fly well, they don't group too well. Hope to do a little testing this weekend, if it stops raining.
Cheers
Neil
February 20, 2009 12:26AM
OK, put up a tent and do what it takes! We're all waiting on some results here and we can't accept weather as an impediment to shooting anymore. Gary and I can provide some tips on setting up shooting "camps" if you need any help! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
February 20, 2009 01:23AM
Certainly!

I'd recommend the conversion of a box trailer into a mobile shooting platform. take a bow

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2009 06:13PM by barnespneumatic.
February 20, 2009 06:01PM
Hehehehehe, thanks for the suggestions guysidea If I shoot down the hallway I can probably get 25 yards indoors...and a divorceknucklehead
The problem this weekend is easterly rain. It started Friday and the saying goes "rain from the east, three days at least". Without a covered trailer or suitable shed, and with rain and too much wind, I'm getting an awfully itchy trigger finger!
I'll just have to be patientsad smiley
February 20, 2009 07:29PM
Gary,
You should mail Neil the big bore slug collector so he can borrow it for a few days.

Neil,
If you bought your wife a weekend at a spa getting pampered, she would never know you set up the range!

excited
February 22, 2009 05:42AM
Now there's an idea Jerry! But she'd no doubt suspect something was up, and come home early.
Eeeeek!!!shooter with bench riflescaredknucklehead
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021