Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: short scope

short scope
February 15, 2012 03:58PM
Hi Guys

I am looking for a shorter scope to put on my victory, do you have any recommendations? I am looking because I have lost some hand strength and cocking and loading is becoming frustrating. All help is appreciated.
February 16, 2012 12:03AM
Hi Reggie,

Honestly, I really like the 4X Simmons Turkey Federation Shotgun scope. Diamond reticle. About $80 (used to be anyway). Very dependable and clear. I've used them on very powerful guns and even shot 200 yards with them well. Just an option for you to consider. Depends upon what you want to do with your rifle.

Gary
February 16, 2012 10:54AM
Thanks Gary

I will look for that online. My local walmart does not sell them.
February 19, 2012 02:42AM
Good. Hope your arm gets stronger. I'm sure it will take time. If you keep having trouble, maybe we can rig up a lever for you

Gary
February 20, 2012 03:18PM
Gary

I am doing therapy twice a week and I feel worse after each session. I dont thing I will need a lever. The strange thing is, my right hand is too weak and the left hand needs more room. That is why I was looking for a shorter scope.

I am glad to hear the injection are working for you. Don't do too much, pace yourself.
February 22, 2012 01:00PM
Hi Reggie,
Try this, if you care to.
Use the heel of your palm on the cocking stud. Use a compressing motion across your chest. For illustration, just push palm heel to palm heel across your chest. Compress.
Now, with your grip hand (I assume right) holding the pistol grip in the web of that hand, use the palm heel of your left hand on the cocking stud. The rubber rings should provide grip. Now just compress slowly.
In this way, you are not pulling, which is a weaker action. And a slow compressing flex gives control.

Yes, therapy always hurt me too. But that was because I had mechanical internal damage that wasn't gonna heal with exercise. You don't fix a broken stick by flexing it. winking smiley

Hope it helps,
Gary
February 23, 2012 02:51AM
Hi Reggie,

I was looking for a short scope for the Hoss pistol. What I decided on, and am very pleased with, is a Red Dot "scope". It is a very short item and has no requirement for eye relief or eye alignment with in a wide margin. This would allow hanging it on either the front or rear mount of the Vic. This has no magnification but may be the ticket for short range shooting with the Victory. This scope needed an adapter from Weaver to Rimfire mount in this case, but I'm sure you can find one with the appropriate mount included.
Eric with Hoss.jpg

The spokes model is Eric. Note the mount is on the front only mounting area of the Hoss. It has held up well to recoil many times what the Vic would produce. Jerry has had some amazing success with similar scope on his guns, He has posted some great groups at distance, including IIRC a better than 100 yard group that I haven't come close to with 16X mag.

Hope this helps,

Kent
February 25, 2012 11:59PM
Thanks Kent

I will take a look at the red dot scopes. I didnt even consider them. Thats a nice looking pond in the background.

Gary, I am have trouble rotating the bolt. The red dot scope is an alternative.

Thanks guys
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021