Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gl Barnes Renegade 32 caliber rifle / Tasco scope for sale with shipping crate .. PRICE DROP $3500 OBO .. MUST SELL

123456.jpg20150811_153311.jpg

I am selling an original one of a kind Gl Barnes Renegade 32 caliber rifle and Tasco scope.
I do not know much about it but there are few posts by Gary Barnes nowthatIthink that describes some of its' features.
I have been told by a reputable airgun only shop/dealer that this rifle is in very good original condition.
I am willing to take more pictures if necessary or answer questions if I can.

I would be willing to sell for $4000 firm.
I live in Az for viewing/shipping purposes.

Here are a few of the posts from Gary .....

barnespneumatic [ PM ]
Re: Need information on rifle
August 19, 2015 04:44AM Admin
Hello Tom,
Thanks for the pic.
First comment ... in the pic, the gun appears to be COCKED. CAREFUL. That gun cocks forward. I can't see it well, but it either has a full charge of air, or the hammer is cocked. Hold the palm of your hand against the cocking lever, and resist it's rear travel while you pull the trigger. That will uncock it, if it is so cocked.
The rifle is a RENEGADE Mdl. in 32 caliber. Made approx. Circa 2000. I will have to look up the details.
My first memory is of the Scope Rail. The Customer had wished to use Iron sights. So; I designed the gun with a unique prototype breech and short rail. As I got into the build, the customer desires changed. As you see, in the end, I had to make an adaptation for large glass on the gun.. Would not have been my call.
The part missing from the case is a K valve fill yoke. This is the device that clamps onto the top of the 3,000 psi 80 cubic foot tanks. It will have a valve showing the pressure you are filling to. I'm wondering if this gun used a fill probe. Looking at the butt reservoir, I don't see a fill nipple alike all my other guns. I see a blank spot in the case for an approx. 2 1/2" - 3" probe which would have clipped onto the fill hose, and inserted into the port. I think I see a rotating port cover, lower rear corner by the butt pad. If there is a hole approx. 5/16" diameter there, then that is the story. The probe seems to be missing.
Fill pressure and ammo size will be in my ledgers.
The gun was built so that the hammer could be set to many different pre-loads. Thus, controlling it's power output. This was done by adjusting spacers in the lower tube under the barrel.
It's a unique pc. It looks pretty fresh. The gun, to my memory, was approx. $4,500 in 2000. Aftermarket is totally subjective. Depends upon if the owner showed it, shot it, developed collector knowledge that it exists, or if he just horded it. If the latter, then nobody knows it exists, and few would have had opportunity to develop a desire to own it. If it went to shows and shoots, then people saw it, shot it, and it would have a personal following.
I haven't accepted new orders for quite a few years now. So; you have what you cannot order.
I trust you enjoy owning it. thumbs up
Gary

barnespneumatic [ PM ]
Re: Need information on rifle ... Possible FOR SALE
August 28, 2015 03:06PM Admin
Hello Tom,

I hope your move goes well. Best of luck.

Regarding your gun. I do not have a program for secondary sales. I tell people what I know and try to be helpful. However; I have not seen that gun, or held it, in fifteen years. When people ask me about a rifle, they usually want me to "certify" the rifle - sight unseen. The rifles are machines. They need to be maintained. I have no way of knowing what the owner, or owners, have done to them. I have had people but used rifles which were represented as totally mint condition. They have gotten them to fine they can't fill them. The suggestion is that it's probably my fault. When they've sent them to me, I've found parts actually modified, parts replaced, barrels ruined, evidence that they have been taken apart ... with VICE GRIPS!!! It's rather unbelievable. On a couple of occasions, I've restored the rifles for the new owners. This is unfair to my customers waiting.

Your rifle may be absolutely perfect. They are better having been in service and used, rather then having been in storage. The seals are lubricated during the firing cycle. They just dry and stick when they sit for ten years. This rifle was an attempt to meet the design requirements of the original owners. They changed their mind mid build. Therefore; it has an ultra short breech and unique loading system, with an auxiliary custom large scope rail. It was all handmade to high standards. I hope all is well now.

Very Best,
Gary

barnespneumatic [ PM ]
September 01, 2015 02:35AM Admin
Tom,

If it's in 85%+ Condition, $4,000 is a very fair price. I have I reason to expect that anything is wrong with it. They are quite tough, and are made to be serviced without being degraded.
123456.jpg

Good Luck,
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2015 12:05AM by tommyg.
Re: Gl Barnes Renegade 32 caliber rifle / Tasco scope for sale with shipping crate
September 01, 2015 05:28PM
I would like to make it clear that Gary does not know of the condition or operational well being of this rifle because he has not seen it in about 15 years.
He will not be held responsible for the condition or operation of this rifle .... if more information is needed please let me know ...

This is Gary's most resent post ...

barnespneumatic [ PM ]
September 01, 2015 05:15PM Admin
Tom,

I've spent quite a bit of time on this. As I've explained; I have not seen the rifle in 14/15 years. I have no idea of its condition. I do not want to be placed in the position of recommending or certifying this rifle. It's the perfect example of one that I delivered and then it went into a Black Hole. It's up to the owners to make these pcs. known, maintain them, demonstrate them. I can't just drop back in (15 yrs later) for several hours of online bring to date and by discussing them, present the impression that I'm recommending or certifying them. I've seen too many ruined needlessly by people who decide I know nothing about them after I deliver them, but they have some guy down the street who is an expert.

Good luck. Stay Safe. I built the rifle to the highest of standards, according to the insistence of certain customer desires. After that - it disappeared until you posted a pic. I believe it's circa is approx. 2000

Gary
Re: Gl Barnes Renegade 32 caliber rifle / Tasco scope for sale with shipping crate
September 02, 2015 01:04AM
May I add: from what I can see, the rifle looks extremely nice. I have no reason to suspect anything is wrong with it. I just don't know.

The guns are very well made. The O ring seals can last quite a long time. I would be willing to service the rifle. That would involve customer shipping and insurance both ways. To reseal the rifle throughout, I'd require $250. This involves disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly with verification it's sealed. I do not guarantee a turn around time. I am quite behind in duties, but I'd shoot for 30 days.

To my memory, the rifle was approx. $4,500 in 2000. It does have a unique 90 degree bolt feed. It was the original owners desire to have a very short breech with iron sights. The custom scope rail was built upon their desire to mount glass.

Currently I deal with the public thru the PM section of this forum.

Best,
Gary Barnes MS
Airgunsmith
Owner of Rendezvous
September 02, 2015 09:44AM
Tom
That's a very good price and fair from what I know . I'm sure it won't last long and being the extremely fair and honest person Gary is , $250 for rubber seals rebuilt by the maker doesn't get any better than that . It really to bad you can't ship to your son . After all it is JUST an airgun but international shipping never seems easy and a lot of regular dealers on other airgun sights won't even entertain the thought no matter where it's going over seas plus your taking a chance on losing package completely !
Thanks

Thanks
Kurt
Still available?
Sold

I thought I updated the listing.

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021