Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Barnes Prairie III 32

Barnes Prairie III 32
October 04, 2008 11:43PM
Here are some groups shot with groups from the Barnes Prairie III. This is also a .32 with a barrel almost identical to the Woodsman. This barrel is fully encased in a full shroud shroud though and the Prairie can adjust in seconds from near silent 80-90 FPE 50 yard tack driver to 250 FPE long range monster.

DSCN0434.JPG
This is the first group shot with the Prairie III. Gary had just finished the gun and I had mounted the scope just before we left for the range. It did not take long to get on paper and then sight in for a group. A very good omen indeed. Here the gun was set at max power shooting 175gr slugs at over 250 FPE. Serious overkill for a 50yd target but it works.

DSCN0416.JPG
It took a while but I finally got around to seeing how the gun would shoot at low power. These "Cans" did very nice.

DSCN0422.JPG
The Pepper Grinder slugs were great, soooo close to half MOA there!

DSCN0429.JPG
The Cans work well out to 100yds too. Nothing to complain about here!

DSCN0428.JPG
My son Chris (15) shot this group using another slug design. I thought he should get some trigger time since he and his brother cast all these slugs.

DSCN0404.JPG
Gary shot this group using Cans. That is a crazy small group right there. The group looks a little bigger than it actually is just because the target tore at the bottom left of the hole.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2008 02:24PM by Jerry.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021