Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: My best small bore 100 yard groups...so far....

My best small bore 100 yard groups...so far....
December 17, 2008 07:49PM
I thought I'd share my best small bore 100 yard groups to date, neither of them particularly recent, which is a function of just how windy it has been for the last year or so....
There are 5 shots in this group, 2 into the top hole. The two slugs that entered that hole are at the bottom of the picture. I dug them out of the target and they were nicely fused together.

This next group is my best and tantalisingly close to 1/2 MOA, and the top slug was tantalisingly close to missing the target board altogether! This is also a 5 shot group, with 2 slugs in that bottom hole.

Both groups were shot off my sophisticated rest (see below), through my Falcon FN 19 .22 shooting 15.9 grain JSB Exacts/BSA Wolverines at around 865 fps.

I have since made a slightly better shooting table,(but not up to Gary's/Jerry's standard) and re-scoped the Falcon, but the calm mornings needed in my valley range have eluded me for too long. Sub 1/2 MOA beckons though...maybe this summer. I'll be working on some big bore groups too.....
Cheers
Neil

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2008 06:27AM by neilmcp.
December 17, 2008 09:32PM
Neil,

Those are excellent groups. Well done. Those will be hard to beat!

Gary
December 18, 2008 06:47AM
You are right Gary...I haven't succeeded lately sad smiley
December 18, 2008 12:01AM
Neil,

Those are great groups! The fact that you got them with relatively light pellets makes them even better. Have you got any specs on that bench? grinning smiley

I've added the bottom group to the "Admin's favorites" post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2008 12:12AM by Jerry.
December 18, 2008 06:44AM
Thanks Jerry

I forgot to record that the best group was achieved about 13 months ago, on 4 November 2007. Time flies!

Sorry but the bench details are patented and highly secretrolling happy smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021