Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The cross i bear !!

The cross i bear !!
December 22, 2008 10:14PM
This was the group my wife shot. This was the first time my wife had shot anything!!confused
For all these years she has been unhappy about my hobby, then i finally get her to pick up a gun...and this is what she does...

The coin is about half inch across.

I will post a group of mine when i can out shoot her...knucklehead

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2008 10:15PM by Pablouk.
Re: The cross i bear !!
December 23, 2008 12:07AM
That'll teach ya! laughing again

Been there. whistling

Thanks for posting.

Little story which your title reminded me of. Little girl goes to Sunday school. On the way home from Church, her Dad asked her what she'd learned about this morning. Little girl says the teacher had told a story about a bear. Dad says ... "a bear?" Little girl replies, "You know daddy, Happy - the cross eyed Bear".

rolling happy smiley

Gary
Anonymous User
December 23, 2008 01:17AM
I wouldn't care if mine would shoot a 5" group, I'd just be happy if I could get her involved in the hobby. lol.

Pab.......
is that you, same ID as on TAG? If so, a big welcome to the other side of the pond.
December 23, 2008 02:45AM
Pablouk,

Since you've not reported out results with the heavy slugs we sent: Would you er, ah ask your wife to take a few shots before any conclusions are drawn? eye rolling smiley

So has she decided she enjoys the hobby now? You really deserve a re-match if you're going to get teased about it!
December 23, 2008 09:47AM
Hi Don ! Yes its me!!
I come here for a bit more of a mature disscussion about air rifles!
Don't get me wrong, TAG is great, lots of good guys and lots of info. Just a bit rowdy sometimes whistling

Jerry- You may joke about the wife testing those slugs, but she would be better shooting them than me??!!
I kid you not, if i feel a rifle is not shooting well now, first thing i do is to ask Ems to shoot off a group. She shoots bad,then i'm happy to investigate the rifle, she shoots good, i just give myself a slap up the side of ma' head and try harder.....

Thinking of getting my name changed from Paul to Paula and getting Ems a pair of trousers and some work boots.....surrender

LOL LOL LOL just seen that surrender smiley says france !!

MINT FRENCH ARMY RIFLE FOR SALE. NEVER BEEN FIRED AND ONLY DROPPED TWICE.....

Great site guys excited

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2008 09:48AM by Pablouk.
December 29, 2008 02:22AM
My wife Alice loves to shoot and she is a good shot too. All those years in the military. She can even handle the Sharps 45-70. Its great when I want to add to my collection, but pain when we share a spot on the range (well, not really). She shoots and I spot. The last trip to the range we took out my son's .22 lever action and she put two rounds in the 10 ring on three targets at 50 yards (two shot groups within a dime). The kids were all over the paper.

Keith
December 30, 2008 09:28PM
Reading posts from other guys makes me realise that women seem to have an innate skill at shooting. I can shoot 1.5 inch groups at 75 yards, but it has taken alot of practice. I get the feeling that if Emma were to practice only a fraction of that, she could do the same. Her very casual approach to it may be the key. Not trying or caring too much probably keeps her body looser,muscles more relaxed etc.

Who knows, just dont tell 'em !! grinning smiley
February 27, 2009 09:52PM
Pablouk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Her very
> casual approach to it may be the key. Not trying
> or caring too much probably keeps her body
> looser,muscles more relaxed etc.

My wife's the same way. And your reasons above are spot on. No machism (who me?), while men think they sholud be able to take a cold bore shot at a fly from 2 continents away and hit it in the eye.

First thing to learn when your starting out in precision shooting is to relax and not over think it. Ive gotten to be able to do one, or the other, but rarely both at the same time.
February 27, 2009 11:13PM
Dude, I can hit that fly in the pupil! Anyone can hit the eye! rolling happy smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021