Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Not my tightest 100 yrd group by far...but

Not my tightest 100 yrd group by far...but
March 02, 2010 03:54AM
fun non the less trying to get one using an airgun. Some of my powderbuners could put 3-5 shots inside just one of these bullet holes (especially my 17 hmr and Tikka T3 in 6.5x55mm swedish)...lol. But any of these shots if CENTERED would have hit a hog in the heart or head at 100 yards easily.

Funny thing about shooting this gun is.......I'M STILL GETTING USED TO THE RECOIL......HOLY COW!!! (NOOOOOOO, I'M NOT BLAMING FLINCHING ON THE GROUP....LOL).

P1110012.jpg
March 02, 2010 08:29AM
Hi tofazfou,Nice group.Just out of curiosity is this group off a single fill or was the gun teathered ?Danny
March 02, 2010 02:18PM
Nice shooting Cedric!

Hey - I'd love to see a high speed video of this target! hahah. Just laying there ... 420 fps ... hahah.

I haven't gotten my camera or stuff yet. I keep getting confirmations that the various places shipped though. It should be coming in over the next few days I suppose.

thumbs up

Gary
March 03, 2010 04:00AM
Danny,

I usually shoot 2 shots off a fresh fill then top it back off to as close to exactly 3500 psi as i can get it. Did not really spend too much time doing long range grouping which i will do another time. Still have to figure out what works best at 100 yards. I would be happy with 1" groups at that range.
March 03, 2010 04:04AM
Gary,

i think my camera is gonna be here Friday and wouldn't you know it, Rain is forecasted for friday, saturday, and sunday. Of course it is, my camera will be here then.

I am really shocked though that this camera takes AA batteries. I figured they would have made a special battery for it. Now i gotta go get some good AA rechargeable batteries.
March 03, 2010 01:49PM
Hi Cedric,

Yeah - personally I've avoided buying AA battery cameras for many years. But this one is so special. And, guess it doesn't matter with good rechargables. The Sony's I've had (with special configured batteries that you could just plug in) ... have all been amazing. Never had one fail in 10+ years. Probably five of them. So - they work. However; we'll give this a try. It was too special to hang up on that point.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021