Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Getting closer to M.O.A.

Getting closer to M.O.A.
July 09, 2010 05:08PM
Wanted to get out for just a couple hours to shoot and then decided to try my JH457 AGAIN, on paper at 100 yards. The night before i went ahead and cleaned the barrel. I had not cleaned the barrel since i received the gun and i had just shot some good groups at 55 yards 2 weeks previously, so i figured, what better time to clean. About 2 patches came out dirty and by the third patch, there was just a slight gray tint on some of that patch.

Any ole who, so now i set up at the range and by the time i sight in 5 airguns (2 were my buddies that i did some work on and 3 were mine), the wind started to pick up steadily. So, i had to hurry up and start shooting 100 yard groups. Long story short, the gun consistently shot 1.250" groups at 100 yards with my HP's. Never got a chance to try the more accurate 320 gr FP's but i will next time for sure. I am 100% certain, this gun and ammo can shoot MOA. All groups were and usually always are off of a Bi-Pod.

But i'm happy for now as all three shots would have EASILY/Consistently made a kill shot at 100 yards, and that's with an 11 mph crosswind that was blowing left to right.

Photobucket

And yes, the gun was shooting a little lower than usual as i was previously shooting some HOUSEHOLD items that the wife gratiously gave me to destroy....lol. And i sighted the gun in at about 35-40 yards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2010 05:09PM by Tofazfou.
July 09, 2010 05:59PM
Nice shooting Ced! I don't know how you could hit anything with the target upside down though!
July 10, 2010 12:30AM
Yes - actually that means the gun is shooting high and to the left .... whistling haha.

Good shooting Cedric. thumbs up

Gary
July 10, 2010 12:59AM
He he he, you guys are awesome, the target is exactly the way it was setup. Gun was shooting low right....SMARTYPANTS...lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021