Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Rapid 25, .25 JSB Kings at 100 yards (under MOA)

Rapid 25, .25 JSB Kings at 100 yards (under MOA)
July 16, 2010 04:10PM
Needless to say, i am very happy with the group that i shot with my Rapid 25 at 100 yards. This is the first time i've grouped the gun at that distance and i was very excited about giving it a try. The wind decided that it wanted to cooperate, and not blow while i shot my 100 yard group. So, i start to set up my target box and realized that i only had one target left and it was the same target that i just blew a few holes in with my Logun Solo and my Glock pistol. Oh well, that's what i love about Shoot and C targets, they give you tons of plasters and man do they come in handy....lol.

So now the fun begins. I used my shooting mat (rolled up) to set the gun on and i used my fist at the rear of the stock for support. Again, i was shooting this group off of my trucks tailgate. So finding a happy and comfortable position is really hard. After taking the first shot, i notice the hole is high by 1 inch and slightly to the left of the bulls eye by about 3/16" or so. Well, that's cool as a group is about size and not about being centered or in the bulls eye. So now i take the second shot and i notice that it lands about 3/8-1/2" to the left of the 1st hole. And now i'm thinking....not too bad, lets see what the 3rd shot brings. After taking the 3rd shot, it was hard to see were it landed until i noticed that there was no longer a dark spot BETWEEN the first 2 holes. The 3rd pellet landed in between and CONNECTED the 1st 2 shots. I ALMOST STARTED TO JUMP UP OUT OF MY SEAT and scream cause i could not believe my HUNTING RAPID had just made a 3 shot group that would later measure .382". WOOOHOOOOOO. But unfortunantly, I said I was gonna do 12 shots and that's what i did. Consequently, the more i shot, the more the groups walked over toward HIGH CENTER of target BUT, it connected all the holes together. All 12 shots made for a HORIZONTAL group of .853" at 100 yards. I was totally pumped by what i witnessed:
[i39.photobucket.com]
[i39.photobucket.com]

What's really scary (not really) is that my gun is making 50 FPE which translates to 940 FPS with the JSB's and its got me thinking, if i lower the velocity to lets say 875-900 FPS, how would that group turn out. I'm quite sure it would tighten up a bit.

BUT NAHHHHH, THIS GUNS FOR HUNTING and not PAPER PUNCHING......LOL. Just joking guys :p'n'l:
July 16, 2010 04:53PM
Excellent shooting Cedric. For you and the gun both.

Yes - you ALWAYS shoot your best groups on used targets. hahah. Never, never fails.

Good job,
Gary
July 16, 2010 08:14PM
Wow Tofaz, that is truly impressive shooting, 12 shots sub-MOA has to be a first?? Well donetake a bow
Cheers
Neil
July 16, 2010 09:27PM
Fantastic shooting Ced! Someone might get the idea you know what you're doing. shooter
July 31, 2010 03:04PM
That's AWESOME! Definitely one to post on the fridge!
August 05, 2010 12:04AM
Sorry been gone for a while. New job is keeping me off the computer...ARRGH. I get home a little later than usual so its had finding time.

But anyway, thanx guys for the input. I will be trying this again soon as i have a leaking oring on my bolt probe. I need to fix that first before i try another group. Hopefully, the group will tighten up after i replace the orings..lol.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021