Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jack Haley .32 PCP......FINISHED (P.E. Shooter)!!

Jack Haley .32 PCP......FINISHED (P.E. Shooter)!!
February 04, 2009 04:46AM
After having to work some unexpected overtime and night hours...i finally got the chance to FINISH my TIGERWOOD stock for my new JACK HALEY .32 PCP.

The JH .32 PCP is basically a QB action with beefier parts and a H.P.A. (high pressure air) airtube installed to make it a PCP instead of CO2. The barrel is a 24" - .32 caliber barrel which has a .312" groove and .306" bore with a 1-22" twist made by Green Mountain. The airtube has a quickfill nipple installed into the airtube endcap (which is removable) and is rated for a modest 2500 psi. It's really cool and different that these guns are only rated for 2500 psi and they are more of a small game big bore if i might say. Which adds a different element and mystique to the gun. You dont have to fill it to UBBER HIGH pressures to get a little power which really saves on air. Thats a PLUS in my books cause i have a lot of airguns and only 1 carbon fiber tank and 1 aluminum scuba tank....he he.

The gun was set up MOSTLY for roundballs and not heavy .308 slugs. The .310 roundballs look to b about the size of a green pea. Hince my guns new name......"P. E. Shooter".

Now i will list the mods and that i have done and the bells and whistels that i've installed. Mods listed in no certain order of execution:

1. Opened up all port holes to .210" and cleaned them up . Stock was like .170".
2. Polished internals. All of them.
3. Added 90 grs of weight (2-45gr roundballs) to the Hammer
4. Installed Heavier/Stronger Main spring. Kept standard return spring
5. Polished sears and set trigger to 1 lb pull
6. Replaced barrel band
7. Reshaped valve stem for a better flow
8, Worked on new stock (TIGERWOOD). Had to inlet the stock to fit 1" O.D. airtube. Used PERMALYN Sealer and Finish on stock (thanx ROcool smiley
9. Polished bore with JB bore paste for accuracy and removing machine marks
10. Added a longer bolt handle from Archer Airguns
11. Added Morgan Adjustable butt pad
12. Installed bipod swivel stud for bipod and or a rifle sling
13. Installed BKL single strap 1" scope rings
14. Installed Hawke 6 x 24 x 44mm Scope with Mil dots
15. Added Flip up scope lense covers

Now for all the pics. Ok, not all:

The J.H. .32 action:

The stock in unfinished form:

The Morgan adjustable butt pad:

The unfinished stock with swivel studd installed and bipod fitted:

The extended and bigger bolt handle installed in bolt probe:

The stock sanded and inletted to 1" with its 1st coat of sealer:

The finished stock with all parts ready for ASSEMBLY:

DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL
DRUMROLL :cuss2:

The completed gun...............Mr. P.E. Shooter:

I sincerely hope you guys enjoyed looking at her as much as enjoyed modding, and sharing the pics. It took a lot of work and a lot of arguments with the wife (more time, more time, more time)...he he he. But it was fun and an experience i won't soon forget.

STAY TUNED FOR SOME SHOOTING AND HUNTING PICS........SOON!!!! :mosh:
Re: Jack Haley .32 PCP......FINISHED (P.E. Shooter)!!
February 04, 2009 05:54AM
Too fast for me, I'm afraid...laughing again...hehehehe...nice work on that stock, and looking forward to some figures on how it's shootin', or a kill or two!fudd
Regards
Neil
February 04, 2009 02:30PM
Nice Job Cedric,

If you can't have fun with that, you can't have fun. grinning smiley

Did you really apply the stock finish OVER the hood of that 350ZX? winking smiley Dude! You need a workbench!! haha.

Have fun ... share more.

Gary
February 04, 2009 03:13PM
Really nice work there Cedric! I think the gun came out great. Thanks for posting the whole project for us to enjoy. It is nice to see someone having fun in the hobby and producing something they can take pride in when they go shooting. I'm looking forward to the results of her first outing!
February 04, 2009 04:26PM
Gary,................he he he he he......no, i did not apply finish over my car. He he he. My buddy asked me the same question. I applied it on a bench in my garage but just hung it there. There is an overhead pipe running through my garage so it makes the perfect place to hang things when they need to dry.

Jerry, yes, i cannot wait to shoot your ammo through her. I'm constantly checking the weather for this weekend. Will report later if i go out this weekend.
February 04, 2009 09:21PM
I hope those orange slugs work perfectly but I think they might be a tiny touch too small. Oh well, we'll find out when you get out and drain a tank of air through the new toy. I'm sure the weekend can't get here fast enough now that the gun is ready!
February 04, 2009 08:26PM
Congratulations!

I like that stock very much; it makes The P.E. Shooter very cool!
February 05, 2009 01:41AM
Jerry,

I shot 2 of those slugs tonight. They are 100 grains right? I forgot the weight.. They went 610 FPS off of a 2500 psi fill. The 45 gr .310 Roundballs went 920 Fps
February 05, 2009 03:35AM
I can't remember if they were the 102gr slugs or the 93gr slugs. I remember them being a couple thousanths smaller than I wanted. If you have a picture I might be able to identify them. The weight is usually on the bag.
February 06, 2009 04:13AM
OK jerry, i will try and get a pic of the bag. Yeah, nothing was written on the bag. Those slugs are REAAAAALY nice looking. You guys do great work. I will get the pic to you. I really think they were 102 grain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2009 04:15AM by Tofazfou.
February 06, 2009 03:20AM
Great looking gun! I think you'll really like the 32 cal for all round fun shooting an small game hunting. It sure seems that the 32s on this site get a lot of use. It's great to see your modifications which will really add to your pleasure in using the "P.E. Shooter.

Kent
February 07, 2009 05:04PM
nice work there!
February 07, 2009 10:57PM
Thanx guys. Much appreciated.
Gwk
January 10, 2021 10:43PM
Doe anyone know how many Jack Haley pcp air guns made?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021